Thread: PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

1. PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

COMPLAINT CASE NO.307/2017

The Commission finds lack of orientation and appropriate knowledge about the provisions of this Act even after more than ten years of the enactment of this Act. Thus exercising its authority under Section 20(1) of the Act and taking a lenient view, the Commission imposes a penalty of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) in lump sum on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi for the significant delay in responding to the application. The PIO shall ensure that the amount of penalty is deposited in the government treasury in two equal installments commencing from the month of September, 2017 under head given below :

Attached Files Attached Files

Re: PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

Suprbb sir" nice success story n use of RTI

Sent from my SM-G550FY using RTI INDIA mobile app

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

@sabharwal786

Welcome back after such a long time !!
    Request you to be more active on the portal.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

4. Re: PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

Can IC impose lumpsum penalty, when Act stipulates per day penalty ?
    I remember to have seen HC judgment that IC has to impose penalty as prescribed in Act only.

5. Re: PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    @sabharwal786

Welcome back after such a long time !!
    Request you to be more active on the portal.
    Sure Sir, Thanks

Sent from my CPH1609 using RTI INDIA mobile app

6. Re: PSIC Imposed Penalty of Rs. 10000 on Sh. Ashneel Singh, PIO cum Panchayat Secretary, O/o BDPO, Nurpur Bedi (Punjab)

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    Can IC impose lumpsum penalty, when Act stipulates per day penalty ?
    I remember to have seen HC judgment that IC has to impose penalty as prescribed in Act only.
    You are right sir, I have also heard about these orders but who will 🔔 the cat

Sent from my CPH1609 using RTI INDIA mobile app

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android