Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

1. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    To my knowledge there is no prescribed format of First appeal in TN, I am providing simple format of first appeal.

First Appeal dt.20th Oct, 2017 under RTI Act filed
    Before: First Appellate Authority,.............
    Against: Public Information Officer,
    Applicant:

Grounds for Appeal: PIO has neither provided information nor denied information stating exemptions under Sec.8 (1) with such justifications within 30 days as stipulated under RTI Act. Hence treating the information as "deemed denial" this first appeal, with copy of RTI Application and service proof pasted as xerox on back of this page.

PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing information as expeditiously as possible free of cost. PIO may be warned for his dereliction of duty and statutory obligations under copy to appellant for preferring a complaint before Information Commission.

Appellant.
    Prasad Sir,

Today I got Reply from PIO that they need one more month additional time.. Reason Cited is : registration of candidates is currently in progress. I have no idea on what it means as the admissions are over in September 1st week itself.

My query now is - can they reject my RTI after another 30 days citing any other reason later on ?

Thanks,

Srinivasalu

2. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

To me, it appears as a positive sign, though it may apparently appear to public that admissions are closed, sliding, reporting of candidates, and consolidating college wise, reservation wise naturally takes that much time when Private institutions are also involved in that with their quotas.
    They can never deny or reject information.
    It is not clear from your post whether you have received response after filing first appeal or PIO on his own replied to your earlier RTI Application, to suggest further course of action.

3. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    To me, it appears as a positive sign, though it may apparently appear to public that admissions are closed, sliding, reporting of candidates, and consolidating college wise, reservation wise naturally takes that much time when Private institutions are also involved in that with their quotas.
    They can never deny or reject information.
    It is not clear from your post whether you have received response after filing first appeal or PIO on his own replied to your earlier RTI Application, to suggest further course of action.

Thanks for your reply Sir.

PIO replied on his own. I did not file First appeal.. I had plans to file First appeal by this week, but now since I got response from PIO, I need to wait one more month. Can you suggest anything else I could do other than waiting?

Thanks,

Srinivasalu

4. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Please post a letter thanking him for the response, though delayed, and request him to diarize and send the information as and when available, and specifically inform that first appeal is not being filed on his assurance for that information. Make a copy of that letter to FAA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android