Topic Identifier

Thread: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

1. Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Respected Members,

Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application. Request you to please review my below application and let me know if I need to do any modification. My application is to get information regarding the list of students admitted into Tamil Govt Medical Colleges for M.B.B.S Course.

Request senior members to review and let me know of any modifications.

Chennai 600011
    Date: 13/09/2017
    To,
    The Public Information Officer,
    Directorate of Medical Education.
    162, EVR Salai, KilPauk,
    Chennai-600010.

From,
    ......... (My Personal Information will be included here)

Subject: Request for information under Right to Information Act, 2005

Sir/Madam,

Request you to please provide true, certified copies of the following information in tabular format with respect to the list of Students admitted into M.B.B.S course in Tamilnadu Government Medical Colleges and ESIC College for the academic year 2017 - 2018 under Tamilnadu State Government Quota.

1. TN Rank
    2. Student Name
    3. NEET Registration No
    4. NEET Mark
    5. Student Community
    6. Community Rank
    7. Medical College Name into which Student admitted
    8. Selected Community under which seat allotted
    9. Total NEET Attempts (including 2017 NEET examination)
    10. School Name where the student studied Class 12th Standard
    11. Year in which the student completed Class 12th Standard
    12. Board of education the Student studied in Class 12th Standard (CBSE/ICSE/State Board)
    13. School Name where the student studied in Class 10th Standard

I have here with affixed Court Stamp fees for Rs.10 as application fee.

I do here by declare that I am a citizen of India. I am above the Poverty line. A copy of my Aadhar Card is attached.

Kindly provide me with the information at my communication address mentioned above. I request you to please ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of the 30 day period after you have received the application.

Signature of Applicant

Place: Chennai - 600011
    Date: 13/09/2017

Enclosures: Photocopy of Aadhar Card.

Last edited by Srinivasalu1978; 13-09-17 at 03:29 PM.

2. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

The application is proper, I have my own doubts on PIO response, as it requires lot of collection and compilation to suit your format, and PIO is expected to provide that information available with him and can not tabulate for you and provide the information.
    Have you verified whether any information is available in their website. (Each Medical college)

3. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    The application is proper, I have my own doubts on PIO response, as it requires lot of collection and compilation to suit your format, and PIO is expected to provide that information available with him and can not tabulate for you and provide the information.
    Have you verified whether any information is available in their website. (Each Medical college)

Thanks a lot Mr.Prasad. I believe they already have the information 1 to 6 on their Provisional list published by DME.

Item 7 and 8 along with few of the items in 1 to 6 was available in the allotted list published by them.

Items 9 to 13 is not available in public domain to my knowledge.

Request you to please suggest a way to modify my application so that PIO will not reject my application ?

Can I remove the words "Tabular format" ?. In this case not sure what format they will provide response.

Please help !!!!

Thanks,

Srinivas

4. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Thanks a lot Mr.Prasad. I believe they already have the information 1 to 6 on their Provisional list published by DME.

Item 7 and 8 along with few of the items in 1 to 6 was available in the allotted list published by them.

Items 9 to 13 is not available in public domain to my knowledge.

Request you to please suggest a way to modify my application so that PIO will not reject my application ?

Can I remove the words "Tabular format" ?. In this case not sure what format they will provide response.

Please help !!!!

Thanks,

Srinivas

5. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Omit mentioning 'tabulated format' and insist on those which are not available in their site. If the information solicited is brief, it helps everybody. First decide as to how you wish to get logical end to this information. What you want to do with the information ultimately is important.

6. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Omit mentioning 'tabulated format' and insist on those which are not available in their site. If the information solicited is brief, it helps everybody. First decide as to how you wish to get logical end to this information. What you want to do with the information ultimately is important.
    Thanks Mr Prasad. I went ahead and filed the RTI after removing few fields that are already available in public domain.

One basic question I have... Will PIO send me a letter with applicable charges that I need to pay, incase if they are willing to share the info ?

Thanks,
    Srinivas

7. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

It is the PIO's duty to demand additional fees, showing such calculations as to how those charges arrived at. So, wait for PIO response, which may take another 3 months after FAA orders.

8. Re: Need assistance with drafting my first RTI application - Tamilnadu M.B.B.S Admission list

Read the following link and if you have not already filed application, enclose a copy of news report.

Hyderabad: SSPO shunted for rejecting RTI plea

and also this

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/18489...tml#post445826

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android