Topic Identifier

Thread: Indore (MP): Collector office arbitrarily links Aadhaar to RTI

1. Indore (MP): Collector office arbitrarily links Aadhaar to RTI

“I had filed an RTI application at collectorate seeking information on some subjects. But, I was shocked when I was asked to attach a photocopy of my Aadhaar card along with the application. On enquiring why it was required, I was told that it has been made mandatory by the government,” RTI activist Siddharth Khandelwal said.

Knowing there was no such rule in the Act, Khandelwal sought a copy of the order from the official, which shows it mandatory to attach Aadhaar card with an RTI application. But, what came in response from district administration stunned him. He was provided with a copy of a collector’s order dated 5-12-2016, stating the government had directed to link all government welfare schemes with Aadhaar card.

Read more at: Indore: Collector office arbitrarily links Aadhaar to RTI | Free Press Journal

2. Re: Indore (MP): Collector office arbitrarily links Aadhaar to RTI

True. By providing information, Government servants are obliging citizens. This what every PIO thinks.
    It is a welfare program as Govt. can not earn a rupee and has to spend more than Rs.10/- for postage also.
    Correct interpretation, and Hon Collector's wisdom may enlighten others to follow the same procedure. (LOL)

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android