Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appellant authority (AA)

1. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

As per letter received from Bank of Baroda.fficeffice
    CPIO ###########
    And AA is Chief General Manager ##############
    In a letter replied by Chief General Manager & AA for Bank of Baroda in June 2007, AA says that disputed matter is being consulted from legal department & You will be informed about your query shortly. Chief General Manager & AA signs this letter.

In Sep 07, Bank of Baroda Chief General Manager has sent another letter on the same issue replied above & which is totally false information. This letter is signed as For Chief General Manager without mentioning the name of signatory & signs it that who is incidentally CPIO for Bank of Baroda.

<o></o>Apparently it appears that Mr. ############## has signed the letter for AA & for which AA is not aware. Hence I have questioned, can AA be punished under act for his negligence.
    <o>
    </o>

Last edited by Shrawan; 02-11-07 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Name of the Public Authority deleted

2. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

No. I think the AA has not committed any mistake. If a wrong information has been provided by PIO in the name of AA, then only the PIO is at fault. If you think that the PIO has submitted a wrong information in the name of the AA, you can make a representation to the AA

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Appellant authority (AA)

Just a thought in the "wrong direction" !

Maybe the Chief General manager replying to you in September is not the AA.
    Only the previous Chief Gen. Manager was also a AA and at present the AA is different ?

Just look at all possibilities and recheck the signatures as well as compare them with other correspondence, before making a complaint/first appeal.

4. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

I think it is an attempt to confuse the simple things. In June the letter has been signed by the AA / Chief General Manager himslef. But in September, the letter has been signed For Chief General Manager and the signature have been done by the PIO. Since, the signature has been done by anybody else (PIO) in the name of the Chief General Manager, it is clear that PIO is trying to create doubts about the correct information supplied earlier.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vashisthvivek View Post
    I think it is an attempt to confuse the simple things. In June the letter has been signed by the AA / Chief General Manager himslef. But in September, the letter has been signed For Chief General Manager and the signature have been done by the PIO. Since, the signature has been done by anybody else (PIO) in the name of the Chief General Manager, it is clear that PIO is trying to create doubts about the correct information supplied earlier.
    This is a valid ground for First Appeal / Second Appeal.
    Under the RTI Act, all information must be provided under the PIO's signature.
    All decisions conveyed by the AA should also be under his signature.
    No one can sign "for.......".
    There are several decisions of the CIC regarding this.
    Please see:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1037-first-appeal.html
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/693-si...ust-reply.html

It is very much possible that the AA is supporting the wrong information given by the PIO as it happened in my case. I had sought some information from the Pr. Accounts Office, Min. of Health & Family Welfare, regarding permanent absorption of Accountants who were employed there on deputation. since past 3 years and were due to be permanently absorbed against some existing vacancies. But the Chief Controller of Accounts who also happens to be the AA mainupulated the whole of selection process to favour a few of his candidates and the information sought by me has never been provided with whatever information I have been given is all incorrect and fabricated just to cover up the wrong doings of higher authorities.

Even the AA who in this case is the Chief Controller of Accounts is also covering up the issue in replying to my appeals.

Any Suggestions for this ??

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

ajay,

This is a perfect case for Second Appeal with SIC/CIC.

Karira,

Would like to take help in drafting the Second appeal. Any suggestions in this regard are most welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android