Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appellant authority (AA)

1. Question Appellant authority (AA)

If the appellant authority (AA) give wrong info is he liable for punishment under RTI?

Avinash

2. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

Yes,
    He is liable for punishment.
    You need to move to CIC (Chief Information Commissionar) office and file a appeal there. CIC will call both parties. Rpove there that AA is wrong & win the game.

Sunil

3. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

Dear Sunilkumar

Your advise is welcomed. But what oficial document or circulr i can able to get from net or from any other source which will substantiate your saying.

Thanks once again

4. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

if you feel the info given to you is wrong go ahead for the 2nd appeal before the commission and the commission would summon the PIO along with the required records and assectain the given information.or Go ahead in filing a new application and ask for a copy of records and further select the option of inspecting their records in person in that application.

5. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

First of all it is only the PIO which gives the information, the AA only decides whether the decision of denial by the PIO is justified or not. He may direct the PIO to provide the information or may upheld the decision of the PIO.

Can you let us know is there any specific case by AA in reference to your question as I failed to understand why AA would give wrong info!

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Appellant authority (AA)

RTI Act 2005 does not contain any provision to punish the AA under the Act

7. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

I agree with Kushal. I also want to add here that anybody the Commission has the power to direct the Public Authority to compensate the complainant for any loss or other detriment suffered. (S.19.(8)(b). If your case is covered under this provision then you can request for relief under this clause of the RTI Act
    Last edited by vashisthvivek; 01-11-07 at 09:59 PM.

8. Re: Appellant authority (AA)

AA cannot give information. He can agree or disagree with the decision of PIO. Better ask for inspection and then apply for photocopies of required record.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android