Topic Identifier

Thread: Appeal letter

1. Appeal letter

I had filed a complaint to the PI about bootlegging in our area which is creating nuisance, on no response I filed RTI for status of complaint. Again no reply. On first appeal I received letter just 2 days before appeal date and asking to attend appeal or it will be disposed off. I want to know if there is circular about when appellant should be informed about date of appeal And whether appellant can seek exemption from attandence.

Sent from my LS-4505 using RTI INDIA mobile app

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Appeal letter

Quote Originally Posted by parwez562014 View Post
    I had filed a complaint to the PI about bootlegging in our area which is creating nuisance, on no response I filed RTI for status of complaint. Again no reply. On first appeal I received letter just 2 days before appeal date and asking to attend appeal or it will be disposed off. I want to know if there is circular about when appellant should be informed about date of appeal And whether appellant can seek exemption from attandence.
    There is no time limit for advance period for Notice of Hearing for first appeal.
    But, principles of natural justice demand that adequate notice has to be given so that the appellant/respondent can prepare for the hearing and make arrangements.

If you can, still attend the hearing after 2 days.
    During the hearing, bring out this point to the FAA and request him to mention in his order.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

3. Re: Appeal letter

I have attended the hearing and it was in my favor, but is it necessary to attend. I was under impression it is not compulsory to attend appeal hearing.

Sent from my LS-4505 using RTI INDIA mobile app

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android