Topic Identifier

Thread: Nodal Officer refused to give information

Nodal Officer refused to give information

Dear sir,

i filled an RTI before Nodal Officer of the Indian railways(as i did not find the exact CPIO) on 3th october 2017. I sent my all the queries along with the relevant documents and eIPo in favor of Ministry of Railways, Account officer .
    Today I received a letter from the concerned Nodal Officer, against my RTI in which they (M.O.R) mentioned that your information is not available because you did not send IPO of Rs 10/- in favour of SR-DRM.

However I sent all the relevant documents along with self atttested ePio which was generated through the postal website in favour of ACCOUNTS OFFICER , MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS .

now what should be my next step please help and frame some matter !!!
    should I file this matter before FAA/CIC or complain the nodal officer

please check eIpo and reply of nodal officer

Nodal Officer refused to give information-20171108_185520-jpgNodal Officer refused to give information-eipo1-jpg

" Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny "

2. Re: Nodal Officer refused to give information

This is a simple matter, and politely remind CPIO about your EPIO particulars and enclose such copy. If you can access the date of such payment of IPO, you may inform the date of such payment . Also enclose another Postal order (not eipo) for Rs.10/- drawn in favour of SR -DRM and state specifically that the fees are being paid under protest as once payment was made and that as per RTI Rules and regulations the payment has to be made only in the name of Accounts Officer, ...........Railways only.
    (I personally feel that when information is important, further payment of Rs.10/- is not a strong issue, and we should avoid unnecessary correspondence under RTI on trivial matters)

NB:Please wait for response of our Super Moderator Ms.Raveena as she is most competent to guide on issue of Railways.

Re: Nodal Officer refused to give information

Please check this order regarding the same issue

Fee paid in favour of the ‘Accounts Officer’ of the public authority

Background
    The appellant filed an application under the Right to Information (RTI) Act with the Estate Office and the RTI application was returned by the Public Information Officer (PIO) by stating that the Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs.10/- furnished by the applicant has been issued in the name of ‘Accounts Officer’. The PIO requested the applicant to furnish fresh IPO in the name of the Estate Officer enabling that office to proceed further in the matter. On scrutiny of the copy of the RTI application and the IPO submitted by the complainant it is observed that the IPO has drawn in favor of Accounts Officer as per rule 6 of the RTI Rules, 2012 which says that fees would be paid in the manner of cash, by demand draft or bankers cheque or Indian Postal Order payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority or by electronic means to the Accounts Officer of the public authority.

View of CIC
    The Central Information Commission (CIC) directed the First Appellate Authority (FAA) to enquire into the allegations made by the complainant and pass an appropriate order with a view to ensuring that the desired information is provided to the complainant. The FAA was also directed to obtain the explanation of the concerned Officers/ PIO for not providing the information and returning the RTI application to the applicant and send the same to the Commission along with his comments.

Comments
    Ignorance of law is common after years of the coming in force of the RTI Act and many PIO’s still commit the folly of not accepting the fee by the prescribed mode and manner.
    Citation: Ms. Sarala Gupta v. Estate Office in Adjunct to Complaint No: CIC/DS/C/2013/000013

4. Re: Nodal Officer refused to give information

In my initial years, I was immature, and refused to pay, and IC was Hon M Sharma, he laughed at me for spending Rs.3,000/- for payment of Rs.10/- as sought by PIO, and himself gave Rs.10/- from his pocket to CPIO and asked him to provide the information. (He was under the impression that who ever attends hearing CIC at New Delhi from south are very rich)

OOpsss ... i got it I got it. thank you for your concerned sir ..from now no fight for such small amounts !!!
    But we should realize them that they were wrong . nn How is it Possible ???

OOpsss ... i got it I got it. thank you for your concerned sir ..from now no fight for such small amounts !!!
    But we should realize them that they were wrong . nn How is it Possible ???

7. Re: Nodal Officer refused to give information

Once you read the reply you can find that there is indirect reference to their ignorance and they may even return your postal order.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android