Topic Identifier

Thread: I am a government empoyee who is interested in RTI laws.Can I become an RTI activist just like any other citizens?.

1. I am a government empoyee who is interested in RTI laws.Can I become an RTI activist just like any other citizens?.

I am a government employee who is interested in RTI laws.Can I become an RTI activist just like any other citizens?.

2. Re: I am a government empoyee who is interested in RTI laws.Can I become an RTI activist just like any other citizens?.

Now a days every applicant considers himself as RTI Activist, and there is no prescribed definition for activist or advantages with such tags. However, if you are not charging any thing for the services, there is no hurdle becoming such RTI Activist. But, it is always proper to intimate on such activity to your higher ups to be on safer side stating that you wanted to take up RTI as social work without charging any fee and to promote RTI awareness etc. Just intimate, and keep a copy with such acknowledgment.
    If you want authentic information file RTI Application to DOPT and seek information as follows:

Application dt.14th Nov,2017 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before: CPIO, DOPT, New Delhi
    RTI Fee: Rs.10/- postal order fvg.Accounts officer,DOPT on New Delhi No....
    Applicant:

Information solicited:
    1)Please provide me copy of the laid down rules /orders/directives that restrict government servant in becoming RTI Activist and for promoting Right to Information without any remuneration and as social work.

Applicant

3. Re: I am a government empoyee who is interested in RTI laws.Can I become an RTI activist just like any other citizens?.

There is no such restriction, in fact quite a number of RTI applications are being filed by the Govt. servants themselves.

Please refer to section 3 of the RTI Act, 2005 given below:

Section 3. Subject to the provisions of this Act, all citizens shall have the right to information.
    As you can see, section 3 of the RTI Act, permits all citizens (repeat all citizens) to file RTI applications.

Therefore the question that you must ask yourself is: Am I a citizen of India?

If the answer to that question is yes, then you have a right to file RTI applications.
    "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." -- Confucius

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android