Topic Identifier

Thread: BBMP refused to accept registered mail for RTI

BBMP refused to accept registered mail for RTI

Hello;

I had written a RTI application where I needed information from Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagar Palike ( BBMP). In this regard I sent a RTI application through registered mail with acknowledgement attached and IPO of 10 Rs enclosed. I got my application returned via returned mail.
    BBMP refused to accept the mail and reason for that was given as follows
    "RTI section closed, Refused by BBMP".

I want to know if BBMP can simply refuse the application citing above reason. What is the procedure to make them accept the RTI application.
    Also attached is the snapshot of the returned mail.

Regards

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BBMP refused to accept registered mail for RTI-img_20171201_222021-jpg  

2. Re: BBMP refused to accept registered mail for RTI

The forum has been receiving such complaints from members against several such public authorities.
    As far as possible do not write on envelope Public Information officer, and always write the name of public authority alone, as incase of their return, the applicant receives a letter in writing of such refusal. (Ofcourse, the envelope contains RTI Application, but on envelope only the name of the authority)
    EX: Address the envelope only Bruhat Mumbai Municipal Corporation..... and inside the envelope keep RTI application and
    avoid writing State Public Information officer, BHMC......

Most of us are aware that there can be several inward sections in one office, and it is the duty of inward officer to accept any RTI application and send to PIO.
    Now you can file complaint direct to state Information commission and make a copy to BMMC and keep the cover intact without opening, just enclose xerox copy, original envelope can be presented at the time of hearing.

at the same time use the above trick as information is focus by sending another RTI Application (Same as fresh copy) with envelope addressed to BMMC

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android