Topic Identifier

Thread: RTI transferred from head office to local office.

1. RTI transferred from head office to local office.

I had filed RTI to head office Vasai municipality for certified copies of land agreement of industry. The pio from local office has responded saying deposit 47020 for 23510 pages.I have now asked for inspection before payment.pio has refused to allow inspection. The pio of head office has without informing transferred my application,can he do so and can inspection be refused.please inform what can be done,I just want to be sure I get right information.

Sent from my LS-4505 using RTI INDIA mobile app

2. Re: RTI transferred from head office to local office.

Go for first appeal stating that PIO has refused inspection. Or file a specific second application seeking only for inspection of the files. Whether the transfer is proper or not is to be decided by FAA and finally applicant can only demand for information alone, and not bothered to whom it is transferred or endorsed. (Transfer is generally used for outside public authority under 6-3 of RTI and the matter is discretion of PIO, he can endorse the application to concerned PIO with whom that information is available)
    There is confusion as to who has transferred and who has refused inspection.

3. Re: RTI transferred from head office to local office.

Pio Virar transferred to Vasai and Vasai pio refused inspection. The file is maintained by pio Virar.

Sent from my LS-4505 using RTI INDIA mobile app

4. Re: RTI transferred from head office to local office.

Go for first appeal to FAA over PIO Virar and specifically state him basics.
    Inspection is one form of providing information.
    If information is denied, he can never flatly deny inspection, but also apply those exemptions stipulated under Sec.8 with
    just specific justification for not permitting inspection form of inspection.

5. Re: RTI transferred from head office to local office.

File a first appeal before the concerned First Appellate Authority on the following ground:

Grounds of First Appeal:

As per section 7(3)(b) a RTI applicant has a right to review the decision as to form of access provided and therefore even if a RTI applicant has initially not asked for inspection of information in his RTI application, he can do so at a later stage by invoking section 7(3)(b) of the RTI Act. Please find the provision of section 7(3) quoted below for your immediate reference:

Quote:

Section 7(3) Where a decision is taken to provide the information on payment of any further fee representing the cost of providing the information, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall send an intimation to the person making the request, givingó

(a) the details of further fees representing the cost of providing the information as determined by him, together with the calculations made to arrive at the amount in accordance with fee prescribed under sub-section (1), requesting him to deposit that fees, and the period intervening between the despatch of the said intimation and payment of fees shall be excluded for the purpose of calculating the period of thirty days referred to in that sub-section;

(b) information concerning his or her right with respect to review the decision as to the amount of fees charged or the form of access provided, including the particulars of the appellate authority, time limit, process and any other forms.

Unquote.
    "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." -- Confucius

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android