Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proactive disclosure under section 4 of RTI Act 2005

Proactive disclosure under section 4 of RTI Act 2005

As in section 4 of RTI Act 2005 it is written that every public authority must disclsoe the informations with 120 days. The PIO BSNL Jaipur having intention that the disclosure only required for CPIO level not on the level of PIO or APIO. Any one may send me views that proactive disclosure at the level of PIO or APIO is not necessary.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Proactive disclosure under section 4 of RTI Act 2005

sngupta,

It is the PA which has to disclose under Section 4.
    How do the CPIO, PIO, APIO get into the picture... ?
    The disclosures under Section 4 need not be from any particular person.

Probably, you are asking that whether only BSNL Head Office (in Delhi) needs to pro actively disclose under section 4 and NOT the regional office in Jaipur ?
    Is that correct ?

Yes Karira

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

sngupta,

I faced a similar situation once and asked the PIO of a "zonal office" or "regional office" the same thing.
    His explanation was that in most cases, it is the Head office of the PA which lays down all the procedures, functions, etc for the complete PA. Therefore , it should be the Head office that should disclose under Section 4 of the Act.
    That sounded convincing to me, so I left it at that.
    But worth giving a thought about it.

How we may improve the working of offices of the level of state, Districts or subdivision level. The real execution is being made by these offices and corruption is only available in these offices. I think meaning of every public authority means having his own office. This is very important issue to discuss.

6. Re: Proactive disclosure under section 4 of RTI Act 2005

Yes. Subsection 2 of S.4 makes it clear that that every public authority should disseminate as much information as possible, so that the public have minimum resort to the use of the RTI Act. Therefore, the PA should disseminate information at every level.

The respondents from all the states pointed to poor implementation and non-compliance with Section 4 of the Act, the proactive disclosure section, which is considered to be one of the most important.

8. Re: Proactive disclosure under section 4 of RTI Act 2005

I had also the same experience. One of my friend submitted application as per 1(d) of section 4, but the SPIO did not bother at all. I don't know why they are always very much interested to avoid furnishing proper information and that way helping the corruption to save the corrupt persons.---- Abhijeet

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android