Thread: RTI for relocation of electronic transformer from private land.

1. RTI for relocation of electronic transformer from private land.

I had filed Rti to MSEDCL as follow.
    I need following information
    1.certified copy of permission obtained from land owner for installing transformer at taluka : haveli
    District:Pune Gaon: Kadam Wak Wasti , gat no 919 near toll naka

2.if no permission obtained then rules,regulations,codes or any other provision of low under which MSEB/MSEDCL install transformer at taluka : haveli

3.certified copy of inspection / feasibility report submitted by electrical officer with respect to installment of transformer at above mentioned place.

Reply From MSEDCL

For topic 1. MSEDCL don't have any document of land acquisition.

For topic 2. MSEDCL have right under Indian telegraph act 1885 for electronic installation at private property without owner consent.

For topic 3:MSEDCL don't have any document of inspection and feasibility report.

Sent from my F103 Pro using RTI INDIA mobile app

Rti for relocation electronic installation from private land

I had plot in pune. MSEDCL Had installed electronic transformer without owner permission.

I had filled RTI To MSEDCL application as follow

I need following information

1.certified copy of permission obtained from land owner for installing transformer at taluka : haveli

2.if no permission obtained then rules,regulations,codes or any other provision of low under which MSEB/MSEDCL install transformer at taluka : haveli

3.certified copy of inspection / feasibility report submitted by electrical officer with respect to installment of transformer at above mentioned place.

Reply from MSEDCL.

For topic 1: MSEDCL have no records for land acquisition.

For topic 2: they have right under Indian telegraph act 1885 acquire land without consent of owner.

For topic 3: they don't have inspection feasibility report for electronic installation.

Second appeal from information received

I had land in pune. MSEDCL Had installed electronic installation in our land without our consent.

I had filed Rti for same as follow.

MSEDCL Reply

For topic 1 : MSEDCL haven't any documents regarding land acquisition from land owner.

FOR topic 2:MSEDCL has power under Indian telegraph act 1885 to acquire land without land owner consent.

FOR topic 3:MSEDCL haven't any document for inspection and feasibility

How to prepare for hearing or second appeal

4. Re: RTI for relocation of electronic transformer from private land.

Decency, of atleast intimating and calling objections from land owner should have been followed. Whether Indian Telegraphic Act 1885 is applicable or not is not known.
    Now seek copy of such stipulations in the Act that gives them such powers.

Re: RTI for relocation of electronic transformer from private land.

According to Electricity Act 2003 section 67 (work) it must be licencee get permission from land owner for such installation

Electicity act 2003 section 67 it must be licencee to take permission from land owner

How to proceed further can anybody help

8. Re: RTI for relocation of electronic transformer from private land.

Under RTI, you can only seek and obtain information held by the public authority. RTI is not a tool to settle your grievances. Yiou cannot agitate the merit or legality of installation of transformer under RTI. YOu have asked for 3 counts of information. The PIO did not supply information with respect to your satisfaction. You can prefer appeal against the decvision of PIO on following grounds:

In item NO.1, the information sought was the copy of permission obtained by MSEDCL for installation of transformer at land bearing Gat No. 909 ...... (details). The PIO's decision was that he do not have any document of land acquisition. The land belong to the applicant. What the applicant sought was the specific copy of permission obtained by MSEDCL for erecting Transformer in private land of applicant. Therefore, the PIO intentionally denied the information without assigning any legally valid reasons.

IN Item No.2, the information sought by applicant was the copy of rules, regulations codes etc empowering MSEDCL to erect transformer in case such permission is not obtained from the land owner. PIO's reply was that the MSEDCL has the right under Indian Telegraph Act to install transformer. Mere contention of existence of such power was not enough. It was necessary for the PIO to supply the copy of such power to the applicant, which the PIO intentionally did not supply.

IN Item NO.3, the applicant sought the certified copy of inspection / feasibility report submitted by electrical officer with respect to installation of transformer at above mentioned place i.e. Gat NO. 909 .......................... and the decision fo PIO was that MSEDCL don't have any document of inspection and feasibility report. This decision of PIO is patently false and illegal. Unless and until the alignment of electric lines and feasibility of installation of Transformer and its location is drawn and approved by competent authority, , the transformer cannot be installed. The PIO thus, intentionally did not supply the information held by the public authaority.

Viewed from any angle, the PIO intentionally with malafide intention did not supply the information sought. This Hon'ble Appellate Authority may therefore look into the queries and the decision of PIO and thereafter direct the PIO to supply the information free of cost within 10 days from the decision by this Appellate Authority.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

9. Re: Rti for relocation electronic installation from private land

Please do not open multiple thread on same subject with different titles. Let there be continuity.

Actually its site problem

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android