Thread: Can I attend for hearing instead my mother

Can I attend for hearing instead my mother

my mother had filed rti application to MSEB. MSEB Called for hearing on second appeal. Due to old age and health issue she unable to attend for hearing. So can I attend hearing.

Sent from my F103 Pro using RTI INDIA mobile app

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can I attend for hearing instead my mother

Thread moved to "Ask for a RTI query" section of the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by umesh87 View Post
    my mother had filed rti application to MSEB. MSEB Called for hearing on second appeal. Due to old age and health issue she unable to attend for hearing. So can I attend hearing.
    Yes, you can attend the hearing and represent your mother, as well as argue the matter on her behalf.

Just take a letter of authorisation from her with you.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

3. Re: Can I attend for hearing instead my mother

There is no prescribed format, you can use simple one sentence request signed by your mother.
    To
    FAA or Information Commissioner,

Dear Sir,
    As I am unable to attend hearing on............., I hereby authorise my son Sri..............to represent and argue for my appeal before you in file No...................

Applicant.

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries

Re: Can I attend for hearing instead my mother

There is no specific reference to appellant authorizing another person as his authorized representative to attend the hearing before any appellate authority in the RTI Act 2005. There is also no need to be present before the appellate authority. But for the well argued case one should make an presence. However, the RTI Rules of Center and States provided for a procedure for appearance before the appellate authorities and the commissions, and even the notice of the hearing issued by the appellate authorities mentions that the appellant may present him personally or through an authorized representative. So a simple application nominating someone as his/her authorized representative duly singed by the appellant would suffice the purpose!!

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android