Topic Identifier

Thread: How much information sought can we get through RTI.

Follows
    Following

How much information sought can we get through RTI.

Sir,
    If I filed RTI they are any conditions for one RTI application you need to ask up to 6 informations sought related to one department.

Can we ask 20 informations sought through RTI related to one department.

Can we ask 20 informations through RTI related to two interconnected department, example(mro and RDO).
    Please guide me....

Sent from my Redmi 5A using RTI INDIA mobile app

Re: How much information sought can we get through RTI.

Please go through RTI rules and regulations stated by the public authority, as some states prescribed word limit.
    But, if you want information, do not club so many queries, and divided applications subject wise, Public information wise and seek such information from relevant PIO, that is having custody of information.
    As a citizen, one must try to get information as expeditiously as possible with less hassles
    Experts always advised for restricting application to not more than A 4 size double spacing and not exceeding 5 relevant points interconnected with each query, subject wise.
    It is presumed that you are from state of Telangana, as these designations of MRO / RDO are prevalent in that state.
    To locate correct custodian of information and seeking that information that Public Information officer is proper.

If any PIO has stated that one should ask only for 6 queries, first search website of public authority and then seek information from same PIO as follows:

Information solicited:
    1)Please provide me a copy of order/notification/ rules and regulations that state that an applicant can seek information only on 6 queries in one application.

Please avoid hypothetical or argumentative posts and focus on seeking information as per laid down rules and regulations as stated by that public authority in their website.

Follows
    Following

Thanking you,

For above query incident happened to me p.i.o replied to me for my RTI application but he doesn't provide all information which I requested through RTI.

I filed to f.a.a. u/s 19 (1), now iam waiting for my first appeal hearing,42 days has completed.

Thanking you sir..

You have sought same guidance in another post also. Wait for 50 days from date of registration and then go for second appeal only if you are sure that , that information solicited was available with PIO.
    If you believe that , that PIO is not having that information in his custody, find out the custodian of such information and file fresh application.
    In case of doubts, always file application to Nodal Public Information Officer, District Collector, and let them transfer the application under 6 (d)
    You can also go for second appeal and also file fresh application also.

Follows
    Following

In case of doubts, always file application to Nodal Public Information Officer, District Collector, and let them transfer the application under 6 (d)

Thanks for above information .
    It will most helpful to me.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android