Thread: The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST).:Integrity Award

1. The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST).:Integrity Award

Dear Friends,
    I write to you on behalf of The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST).
    The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST) is an initiative of IIM alumni across the world, who have joined hands to improve governance in Indian public life. Manjunath Shanmugam was an IIML alumnus and an IOCL Sales Manager, who was murdered on 19 November 2005 at Lakhimpur Khiri, UP. Manjunath refused bribes and ignored threats to fight oil adulteration.
    On 19 November, 2006 - Manju's death anniversary, the trust announced the Manjunath Shanmugam Integrity Award to honor and encourage person/s or institutions who are working to uphold the values of truth and honesty in Indian public life. The first Integrity Award was presented by Mr. Narayana Murthy on 24th March 2007 to Prof. R.P. Singh, Vice Chancellor, Lucknow University.
    We invite nominations for the second Integrity Award to be presented in February 2008.
    The award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh and a citation.
    MST is looking at deserving candidates who have worked to rectify corrupt practices in government, public or corporate life.
    The nominees are evaluated on the basis of
    •The gravity of the situation - impact on society,
    •The corrective action undertaken and
    •The extent of difficulty faced by nominee in correcting the situation.

The valid entries will be assessed by a panel of distinguished jurors, drawn from the corporate sector as well as public life.

For the year 2007, the Jury Panel consists of :
    •S. Gopalakrishnan, President, COO and Joint Managing Director,Infosys Technologies. Mr. Gopalakrishnan is also on the Advisory Board of the MST.
    •Rama Bijapurkar, Strategy Consultant, and Independent Director on the boards of Infosys Technologies, CRISIL, UTI Bank, Godrej Consumer Products, Entertainment Network (India) Ltd. and Give Foundation.
    •Shekhar Gupta, CEO, Indian Express Group, Editor-in-Chief of The Indian Express, host of ‘Walk the Talk’ on NDTV 24x7, author of the weekly column ‘National Interest’.

Nominations are being accepted now, with details and form available on the MST's website Manjunath Shanmugam Trust
    Indian Express Report:
    IndianExpress.com :: Manjunath Trust invites nominations for Integrity Award

The forms can be filled up by the nominee him/herself or by a third party nominating the person.
    The Last date for receiving nominations is Nov 30, 2007

I therefore request for nominations at the address given below.Kindly contact me in case of any clarifications.

Regards,

Bhaskar Barua
    Dy. Manager( Marketing)
    Numaligarh Refinery Limited
    4th Floor, Bharat Petroleum Bhavan,
    Prince Ghulam Md Shah Road,
    Golf Green Kolkata 700095
    Kolkata
    Ph:9830336084

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST).:Integrity Award

Mr.Bhaskar Barua,
    Instead of spending such huge sums on Awards, it will be more useful if the trust establish a " Legal Assistance Cell" to render free legal support in court cases concerning RTI ? You have an ' RTI Call centre ' at Delhi. To start with why don't you use part of this amount to make the above Call centre "Toll Free". I feel that using such amount for the benefit of larger number of deserving cases will be more appropriate than making one beneficiary. Of cource you are the Master of your Trust Fund. Mine is only a suggestion.

3. Re: The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST).:Integrity Award

Thank you very much for the suggestion. We already have a toll free call centre (080-666-00-999). Please visit the site for further details. The fund is for financial help to people who have been fighting corruption. I am sorry to say not many people have come forward to fight corruption as it has become a way of life. Till date our efforts to identify honest upright persons thro' the press has come a cropper as the media is more interested in Dhoni's haircut or Rakhi Sawant's naval piercing.

Bhaskar Barua

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: The Manjunath Shanmugam Trust (MST).:Integrity Award

You said it Mr.Barua. I doubt whether the above telephone number is toll-free. In fact I had called the above number and ascertained from your representative who attended the call. You may cross-check with him. It was a monthback and I had given him my particulars. He has told me that this number is not toll-free. There are many who are ready to figiht corruption. Nothing moves unless one approach judiciary. Unbearable legal expenes is THE PROBLEM. This is exactly the reason for my seeking such help to encourage people to come forward with evidences of coruption.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 05-11-07 at 01:14 PM.