Topic Identifier

Thread: RTI Act Rule 8(1)J ..!!

RTI Act Rule 8(1)J ..!!

Respected Hon'ble Members.... Personnel information will not be disclosed if it is so it required large public interest... How we have to consider the large public interest..is there any fixed numeric or any value which describes the same... Plz help me Out..!!

Sent from my iPhone using RTI INDIA mobile app

Re: RTI Act Rule 8(1)J ..!!

Please search in blogs where it was discussed in detail with previous decisions and HC/SC Judgments.
    In short age,caste,religion,marital status, educational qualifications etc., amounts to personal information.
    Larger public interest simply means it should not be against any law of the country and information should be used in the interest of general public.
    information on corruption, illegal activities, securing fake certificates , human right violations etc are some documents that establish larger public interest.

Read the wiki article here What is Public Interest [Right to Information Wiki]

This is the Best Blog/report that missed my attention. Thank you very Much Mr.Shravan, for immediately responding when we are lazy. Laziness is not always the only reason for general guidance, I personally wish that member should learn, taking clues and develop further through searches. I do not know whether my opinion is correct or not. But personally, it helped me a lot in one such application to-day.

Thanks Prasad sir & shrawan sir...

Sent from my iPhone using RTI INDIA

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android