Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Postal banking

Dear vashisthvivek,
    If you really feel that you have missed the forum for a long time, then try to spend some additional time on the various discussions that have taken place in the recent past. As they say, much water has flown under the bridge. Our forum also keeps evolving and as a result there have been a lot of new changes. I am really happy to see your active participation in the recent times.

› Find content similar to: Re: Postal Banking

Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear ganpat
    Thanks. I am trying my best to overcome the mistake, I have committed. I assure you that I will give my best to the forum. Thanks again for the encouragement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Kushalji

Scanned document exceeds the size permitted to upload. Whenever i get time , i will type it & send for this website.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    yes, kindly do post the information you have from the RBI.

Post Office is a part of Government and Postal Saving bank is an agency function on behalf of the Ministry of Finance. I am not sure how had you differentiated Post Office with Postal bank? It is only in reference to Post Office Saving bank, does the Post Office issues cheques and the cheques issued by the Post Office are non other than that of the Government of India.

Department of Posts (Post Offices), Ministry of Communications and IT, Government of India has been member of clearing house from time immortal. However, on some cases where there are some operational issues, especially in rural towns, the Post Office have only sub clearing house and the transaction is accorded in such cases through State Bank of India.

If you trust that your Government is responsible, than you must by now understand that for each of Post Office cheque, Government of India is responsible. Let me also tell you; the cheque of the Post Office (Govt. of India) carries as sanctity as that of a currency note issued by RBI.

yes, in a way you are right, post Office is not a retail bank. When it collect money, it is not in any bank you are depositing the money, but with Government of India. Also the Post Office do not give loans and therefore there are no risk attributable of it being liquidated. Also no banking regulation decide the rate of interest, it is the parliament which decide the rate of interest. This way Post Office only work as an agency to Ministry of Finance, and charges only operational cost from the Ministry of Finance. This way Post Office do not run in Profit-loss model.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

you can send that to us here admin[at]rtiindia.org
    BTW, the pdf document that can be uploaded to RTI India is upto 20 MB. I am not sure if your document is more than that? or is there any other trouble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Postal Banking

Dear Kaushalji

I will definately do the needful as & when time permits.

Thanks

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Postal Banking

This thread is now closed and in information graveyard.

For further discussions on social issues, kindly join

Big Helpers: our Sister site meant for Community Social help to Indian Netizens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android