Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Can I directly approach the CIC for relief?

What is the procedure to approach CIC directly for relief. I don't want to wait for PIO to respond.
    Can somebody suggest me.

› Find content similar to: Can I directly approach the CIC for relief?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Hello Jeevan,
    You cannot approach CIC directly to get relief of your matter without first exausting normal channels.
    Unless these are complaints where specific relief has been sought, all such appeals whose contents are not as per rule 3 of Central Information Commission (Appeal Procedures) Rules, 2005 or whose documents have not been properly indexed and self attested as per Rule 4 of the Central Information Commission (Appeal Procedures) Rules, 2005, these will be returned after obtaining the orders of the senior most officer attached to the unit of the Information Commissioner.

You can read the circular issued by CIC in this regard here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Oh! that's nice.
    Thank you for the info. I thought I could approach directly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Dear Jeevan,
    You will appreciate that CIC is not having all the information of all the public authorities. The role of CIC is just to ensure that the applicant bonafide request is address by the CPIOs.
    In no judgement of CIC, information is provided only direction to CPIOs for providing information within a precribed time perios is provided.
    It will also not make any economic sense of collecting and aggrgating information at one place with CIC. The information is always with the Public authorities which in turn dissemenated it.

Name:
    Thyagaraj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can I directly approach the CIC for relief?

Dear Sir,

I want to know if no reply is received from CPIO, can we directly write to Central Chief information commission, complaining the facts of non receipt of reply within the stipulated time.

Regards

Raj

Name:
    Thyagaraj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Sir,

Please do inform as to whether we can we directly approach the CIC, if no reply is received from the CPIO concerned on expiry of the stipulated time. If so whether it should be in the form of a complaint on the concerned CPIO or an appeal Please clalrify.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yes. You may complain. Please read Sections 18(b) and 7(2) of the Right to Information Act 2005. However it is advisable to prefer a first appeal under Section 19(1) of the Act before preferring a complaint. After all you are loosing only one more month whereas it might take more than 6 months for the CIC to respond.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think one can approach the CIC directly.

e.g. 1; in case any PA has not appionted the PIO nor he has appointed any AA then in such a case, the CIC can be approached.

e.g. 2; in case one has filed his RTI application and he does not want to wait for 30 days, he can approach the CIC directly after 48 hours (if in case he sucessfully proves that his demand for information relates to his life or libertly or both)

and there can be n no. of situations where we can approach the CIC directly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast