Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual Confidential Report

1. Annual Confidential Report

Does Annual Confidential Report comes under RTI. If i want to see my ACR how should i approach my authorities. Please guide.

2. ACR cannot be disclosed under RTI. According to number of decisions by CIC, ACR are barred from disclosure.

You may like to read the decision here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/117-post1.html

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Annual Confidential Report

Please see the following thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/118-di...ecret-act.html

I do not agree.A full bench of Punjab Information Commission has already given verdict in Faquir Chand Sharma case in November this year that copy of ACR can be given to the employee.The decision is available on web site of Punjab information commission.

adil85

Name:
    victor mecwan
    Blog Entries

kushal, I disagree with tyou.I have myself got my ACR's for last eight years.Thers is no ban on getting your own ACR.However,you can not get the ACR of the other person as this is a personal information under 8(1) (j).

Decision of the Supreme Court of India in the case Dev Dutt versus Union of India and others decided on 13th of May 2008 has laid the issue to rest making it mandatory to supply the copy of the ACR an employee except in military services. I suggest to end further discussion on this subject.

The q. is not regarding disclosures of ACR's of an individual are of all the employees. The main q. iis that in a particular departmental promotion process the procedure is as under:
    Their are 50 marks on the basis of ACR
    10 marks are for length of service & educational Qualification.
    40 marks are for interview.

Now after the process is over the department selects few persons without disclosing the total and bifurcated marks of all eligible candidates and also do not disclose merit list.
    Here the candidate wants to know his/her status in Merit list by asking total marks alotted to all the candidates including him/her out of a total of 100 and also the bifurcation of marks allotted under ACR, Edu. Qual. Length of service and in the interview. Whether this is a personal information as the candidate is not asking for comments as per ACR of all the employees

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

Dear Mr. Anoop,
    The selection or promotion process necessarily is not the same as you have mentioned.
    It may be valid for a particular department(s), nevertheless the (1)disclosure of ACRs and (2) disclosure of selection process/minutes are two different and independent issues. The thread under reference is confined to disclosure of ACRs only.
    Last edited by nk agarwal; 25-01-09 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spellings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast