Name:
    ramakanth b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Information to be asked in the form available.

I have asked information such as no. of officers chargesheeted for the offence of unauthorised absence from duty, how many have been departmentally proceeded and how many of them punished with compulsory retirement etc. The organisation's employee data base is fully computerised, each and every officer record is networked centrally etc. To compile the information is not a difficult proposition. However, I was denied the information on the ground that the organisation does not maintain separate record pertaining to action initiated against officer employees for the only misconduct of unauthorised absence from duty. Further, it said that collection of information from various regional offices and zonal offices divert the resources of the organisation and hence sought exemption to furnish information under section 7(9) of RTI act.

The fact that the organisation has not given punishment of compulsory retirement for the misconduct of absence of duty to any officer and I wanted to get this information from organisation itself to fight a course case affecting me. The organisation precisely wanted to avoid giving this information.

How to prepare an appeal in such cases? Information will definitely be available in the records of the Bank, but it may not be availabale in the form I have asked. I only want information in whichever form the organisation can give. Please guide.

› Find content similar to: Information to be asked in the form available.

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Dear Ramakanth

1. It seems that PIO is correct as u have not specified any time frame that u need info pertaining to xxxx period.

2. Better file fresh application and specify the number of years you want information for or give the years like 2006-07, 2007-08, etc.

regards

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Prema,

Can you please share the RTI application and the PIO's reply ?
    This will help our members guide you correctly.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thank you for giving valuable information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12