Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Mangalore, Nov 5: �For the betterment of your own, make a practice of filing at least one application in a month under the Right To Information (RTI) Act,� said renowned RTI activist Shailesh Gandhi.

He was addressing the Citizens at Lions Seva Mandir here on Saturday November 3.

He further said that by filing the application one can shake the government.
    The entire administrative machinery can be reformed in three years, if 25 to 30 lac people, out of 100 crore population, file the application seeking information under the RTI Act, he informed.

In order to make effective use of the most powerful weapon, it is necessary that all should have a strong will in the form of the RTI Act, he added.
    After a long, continued struggle the Act came into existence, said Gandhi. It was also an ideal democratic tool to realize the dream of Sampurna Swaraj, he added.

All these year the biggest democracy remained a participatory democracy and not functional democracy. So today with the RTI act in hand, we can make it function for the betterment of the country, he added.

RTI Act will help in getting rid of the habit of blaming the system and will give the strength to shake the system, he said.

D A I J I W O R L D

2. Re: Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

This is very good idea. However, the people should raise the issues of public importance and not file an application for mere filing of the same.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Then, like Major Ravindran in Pallakad (Kerala), we all will also be "blacklisted" by our respective SIC's....

4. Re: Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

If SIC of HP took such step, I will definitely agitate this order. However, the SIC of HP have started recognising me, as I have already appeared before it in number of cases. In fact, last time the CIC asked me to take some classes to trains the PIOs of the State.

5. Re: Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by vashisthvivek View Post
    This is very good idea. However, the people should raise the issues of public importance and not file an application for mere filing of the same.
    Thata very responsible statement. I guess all RTI activist have to become responsible like you.

6. Re: Practise Filing One Application in Month under RTI

Maneesh Sir,
    Thanks for the encouragement.

Very Nice Idea. Each member should file atleast one application under RTI Act. We will have the following benefits

1. The fear from Government officers will go out

2. We will know the lacuna in the act.

Further the information received must be used to eradicate the problems. Mere getting the information is not the solution. Suppose one knows the fate of issue of his passport but still he is unable to get it, is not the solution. This forum must educate to use the informations further too.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Major Ravindran (Palghat) has taken every step possible, including organising 'Dharna'. Nothing happened. You name any step. Major Ravindran has gone to the extreme. Most of the public servants in Kerala unlike HP are immunue to everything except deterant punishments, bribe, nepotism, political mileage etc. If one want to get anything done, presently one has to resort to any of these means.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android