Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anthropologist...

Re: anthropologist...

My some fellows are doing the reseach on role of beurocracy in RTI. Friends every public authority is bounded to work under rules and procedure made by parliament. I have two cases where I am asking relevant rules or procedure made by Govt but PIO is not possition to supply the same. In my views RTI may also be used to ask the authority under which any public authority is working but the public authority is only avoiding the RTI applications and CIC is also not favouring. I am ready to present the case in front of any one who judiciously want to hear. In my views if any public authority is not having rules supporting his working he must be penalised for non providing information under RTI. If this practice will start every public authority will work with placing the rules on file.

2. Re: anthropologist...

Come on Shri. Gupta,
    This is just an introductory posts, let us welcome Mayuri here!

3. Re: anthropologist...

Quote Originally Posted by sngupta View Post
    My some fellows are doing the reseach on role of beurocracy in RTI. Friends every public authority is bounded to work under rules and procedure made by parliament. I have two cases where I am asking relevant rules or procedure made by Govt but PIO is not possition to supply the same. In my views RTI may also be used to ask the authority under which any public authority is working but the public authority is only avoiding the RTI applications and CIC is also not favouring. I am ready to present the case in front of any one who judiciously want to hear. In my views if any public authority is not having rules supporting his working he must be penalised for non providing information under RTI. If this practice will start every public authority will work with placing the rules on file.
    Respected Gupta Ji,
    It is true that every PA is under obligation to work under law, but there are different forums / platforms like courts etc. on which the issues can be raised against the PA for not following the particular. It depends upon the nature of the work / nature of the law not followed and many other things. Everbody can not be punished under the RTI for not working as per the law. The RTI is only the weapon to fight out the war and you have to fight the war with the use of this weapon. Ofcourse, if you have good weapon, it becomes easier to won the war.
    As regards to the rules and regulataions under which any particular PA is working, it is submitted that S.4(1)(B(v) imposes an obligation to disseminate the information about the rules etc. However, it can be asked under the RTI as to why a particular decision was taken against the law. THe PIO can supply only that much information, which is available in the record. He has not to create the information. As regards to SIC's functioning, there are ways also to challenge their working

4. Re: anthropologist...

As this is just an introductory forum, I am closing this topic. Kindly raise another thread at appropriate forum regarding the issue.
    Thank You!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android