Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C.M. Office : A public authority

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: C.M. Office : A public authority

Earlier I had also confronted with similar problem. Please send the application by speed post or Registered post. Instead of putting the application in an envelop, fold it and stapple. Write the address at the blank back of the application. Let it come back undelivered with remarks of the Postal authorities on the reverse of the application itself. Enclose its photostat as evidence. I had succeded . Please try.

2. Re: C.M. Office : A public authority

Respected Colonel Sir,
    I had sent an email to the CIC, who has replies as under:-
    "The office of C.M. is serviced by the Secretariat Administration and the General Administration Deptts. The PIO's of these Deptts. can be approached for seeking any information about the office of C.M. As regards information pertaining to other Deptts.of the State Govt., the PIO's of the concerned Deptt. can be approached. Hence no PIO has been designated in the office of C.M".

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I could not follow as to how the CIC enter the field of SIC. Anyway, you have seen that certain States who does not cherish interference of other departments on their own supramacy have PIOs for their CM's office. It is upto the States. I think nothing wrong in trying. Good luck.

4. Re: C.M. Office : A public authority

Respected Colonel Sir,
    Thanks. In my last post I had abbreviated Chief Information Commissioner as CIC. My remail was replied by the State Chief Information Commissioner, H.P.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Please also read the following relevant thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2808-c...html#post10695

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I think that the Chief Minister's Office has now reconciled the issue. One of my application addressed to the PIO of the CM's Office is seen transferred to the General Administration Department of the Government Secreariat as ruled by the CIC in above post No.10. The GAD has accepted it and has furnished the reply sought for. The issue now stand settled.

7. Re: C.M. Office : A public authority

It is very well cleared and discussed that the C.M. office : is A Public Authority. I don't want to write more on this topic.
    I would like to add that the Hon. Prime Minister of India Ofiice declared the PMO as PA and appointed the PIOs and AAs of PMO. Even the PMO Secteriate is a PA and give all the information to an RTI Act 2005 applicant.
    Not only this The Hon'ble President of India also is a PA and entertain the RTI Act 2005 applications, having PIOs and AAs.
    The Speaker of Parliament is also declared as PA with its PIOs and AAs with full details of RTI Act 2005 on their web site.

Un fortunately the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Gujarat Sri Narendra Modi has not declared his CMO as PA and no detailed RTI Act 2005 is notified on his web site as I stated in other above Constitutional Authorities of India.
    Even the Hon'b'le Chief Justice of India declared the Hon'ble Supreme Court as PA with the details of RTI Act 2005 on its web site.

Mr. Narendra Modi, Hon,ble Chief Minister of Gujarat and his admirers are repeatedly saying that the Mr. Narendra Modi is the best administrator of India and he " Don't eat and don't allow others to eat" i.e. he is very very honest politician of India among the all Politiians of all the political Parties of India. But he does't believe in the RTI Act 2005 of its objectives of Transparency and Acconatability of his officer to the Gujarat Public.

Almost after three years Mr. Modi Canceled his GAD circlar dated 14.11.2005 not to give "FILE NOTINGS" The Corrupt Gujarat Buearucrats use to take this circular of GAD not to allow to see even File Notings despite the clear orders of Gujarat State Chief Information Commissioner in several orders / judgments and directives to the Gujarat PIOs and AAs. Even the Gujarat govt. GAD have not canceled its circular dated 14.11.2005 given them by me several CIC orders that the File noting is a part of the File.

This Circular of GAD dated 14.11.2005 is canceled when the Ahmedabad RTI Act Activist filed a petition in Hon'ble Gujarat High Court against this GAD circular of Gujarat Government.

I REQUEST THIS FORUM AND OTHER RTI Act 2005 ACTIVISTS TO WRITE TO Mr. NARENDRA MODI, Hon"ble CHIEF MINISTER OF GUJARAT TO DECLARE ITS CMO A PA AND APPOINT THE PIOs AND AAs OF RTI Act 2005 OF CM AND OTHER MINISTERS AS PER THE ABOVE Hon'ble MADRAS HIGH COURT DIRECTIVES AND THE PROVISIONS OF RTI Act 2005.

Dr.R.K.D.Goel, Vadodara. President oF FORUM OF WHISTLE-BLOWERS OF INDIA.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Dr.Goel,
    Mr.Modi's stand to RTI Act is much better when compared to its plight in Kerala. The world outside may not even know this as the media appears scared of the bureaucrates. As evident from the post above, not only having a PIO for Kerala CM's Office is now beyond any stretch of imagination but am not aware of a single statement ever made by this Hon'ble CM on RTI. This state of affairs has resulted in the SIC with total 5 Commissioners dispossing total 7, 6, 3, and 3 Second appeals during May 08, June , July, August 08 respectively. In July and Aug 08, they have dispossed in total 10 (ten) cases (complaints and appeal together). ie., An average of one case per Commissioner per month.The response of CM's Office, to RTI complaints to them is that "the applicant is harrassing honest public servants by misusing RTI Act." Of coursae I had asked them to quote a single incident of any RTI Activists including me ever misusing RTI Act. No reply.

Now tell me ... Mirror! Mirror ! who is .............
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 07-10-08 at 01:52 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android