Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Information requested for records which are 12 years old

1. Re: RTI for cases more than 20 years old

Hello Everyone,

I thank you for the replies and the links provided of actual cases and rulings. As suggested, I will file a second appeal (so far we have filed a first appeal and an appeal to the PIO) and also quote the observations made by the CIC for similar cases.

I'll update the progress made in the case in the forum accordingly.

Thanks again.

2. Re: RTI for cases more than 20 years old

Write a second RTI application to PIO and asked for

1) What is the Retention period of the record.

2) certified copy of the Sanction letter of the competent authority sanctioning destruction of records.

3) Copy of the destruction certificate containing the paticulars of the records from Officer who has destroyed.

3. Re: Information requested for records which are 12 years old

I heard of an Indian case where a person in Pune asked for copies of some 1,00,000 pages and since it was not given to him within the mandated period of 30 days, all information had to be provided free of cost to him.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Information requested for records which are 12 years old

I don't think that the PA prepare any eloborate index as and when any informtion is asked. The details of files duly indexed must be readily available with the PAs as per their system of working. As and when someone ask for any information they may just phtocopy the index leaving it to the applicant to search the information from the index.

how old records can be obtained through RTI application

Dear all

I applied for post in 2003. I was full filling eligibility as per thier advertisement. but I was not called for interview.
    the issue is that RTI was enacted in 2005.

I also suspect some other reccruitments. that were conducted before the enactment of RTI act. I want to expose them.

now my query is this , how old record we can obtain through RTI application. can I seek 10 years old record in RTI application?

please give me relevant RTI/other legal reference and CIC decisions

kindly guide me

Regards

Rajeev Kumar

6. Re: how old records can be obtained through RTI application

Dear Rajeev

Information which is available in the records of PA (not weeded out as per their record retention schedule) . U can ask for the information and it will be provided as per availability of records.

regards

Re: how old records can be obtained through RTI application

Dear Mr ambrish

in one case it was sought 6 years back record ( marks of entrance exam) . PIO stated that records before 2004 not available.
    what is the period , when record can be destroyed? is there any uniform law/ rule regarding that?
    if PIO state that record is not available then in such situation what action can be taken?

thanks and regards

Rajeev

8. Re: how old records can be obtained through RTI application

Dear Rajeev

File another RTI application by taking help from this blog: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...e-records.html

regards

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast