0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

experience with PIO

Dear Friends,

HI,

I asked some questions from HUDA, Bahadurgarh. The PIO of the department is SDM,Bahadurgarh and he did not give my answer. After one month I sent one reminder but no answer, then I sent other reminder with a copy to Administrator, Rohtak and Chief Administrator, Panchkulla.
    After one month Estate Office, Bahadurgarh sent me a letter with some line. He informed me that they have sent a letter to Rohtak office for further action. I really surprised when I see the result, department sent some labour for doing the needful.

I salute the mind of persons and organizations who encourage RTI Act.

(CHANDRA PAL CHHIKARA)

Signature: LAGE RAHO MEHNAT KARO ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY.

› Find content similar to: experience with PIO

Last edited by C.P. Chhikara; 16-11-07 at 12:50 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: experience with PIO

Chandra,

The correct procedure is:

1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO
    2. If no reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),
    First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)

Alternatively, a direct complaint to the CIC or SIC (since you are in Haryana) under
    Section 18(1)(c).
    (Many SIC's do not accept such complaints directly unless the route of First Appeal
    has been followed)
    3. If no reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the SIC (time period is 90 days)

In your case, it does not seem that you filed the First Appeal but just sent a letter. The time period for filing First Appeal is 30 days from the "expiry of the period" or from receipt of information. If you are still within the time period, please file a First Appeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After following the proper pricedure , and after submission of second appeal to the SIC, no response has been received from any body, excepting the SIC asked PIO to provide comments/ voews within 15 days. Afterwards 40 days of that letter , nothing has been communicated to me . What should be the next step. Already sent one reminder t0 the SIC.----Abhijeet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mr. Abhijeet,
    You should file application with the SIC insisting to impose penalty on the PIO. There is no time limit for the SIC to decide your appeal. But, after receiving the decision of the SIC you can approach the HIgh Court under Art. 226.