Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want info from Delhi police? Shell out Rs 1.5 lakh!

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Want info from Delhi police? Shell out Rs 1.5 lakh!

The CIC has several times advised and cautioned Delhi Police for being RTI unfriendly.

Please read CIC comments and recommendations about Delhi Police in the following decisions:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_31012007_18.pdf

Charges for manpower used to give the information cannot be included in the "additional fees". There are several decisions of the CIC indicating this. One of the simplest decisions is:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_21092007_16.pdf

Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bahl_ajay View Post
    Delhi Police are not the only department asking for a big amount to part with any information, I too have come across a number of instances wherein the departments ask the person seeking information thru RTI Act to deposit a hefty fees as this is just another way of keeping one away from seeking the information.
    Ajay,

In this case, the Delhi Police is asking for big amount for information that is available FREE of COST on the internet !

Don't they know what information their own department has put up on the the internet ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Please also read the following thread:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3492-d...-activist.html

hi sidmis , i am ankur, a reporter in national daily, your case is not the only one i have many cases like that i m doing a story on this so can you help me by giving me a copy of Police RTI reply. send me your no. i vl contact i can't provide you my no. thru this coz its not valid. kindly cooperate with me. waiting for you reply.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

ankur,

This is a very old thread.
    Our member sidmis has just posted the above news report from another source.
    He is not the applicant and will not have the documents you are seeking.

You have the option of filing a RTI Application with the Delhi Police and asking for inspection of the complete file related to the RTI process referred to in the above news report.

ok thanks 4 ur reply

Delhi Police are still looking for answer to my query on their policy regarding verification of tenants in Govt Accommodations.

Had asked the CP Delhi, what is the policy regarding verification of people living in rented govt. accommodation as renting out of a govt accommodation is illegal in itself.

Maybe they don't have any answer to this or are waiting for some policy to be formulated before they come out with some answers.

Hope they won't charge me towards the cost of all this exercise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android