Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

1. Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

I had applied for a passport since Nov'06. But my application status shows "Police Report is incomplete and the case is being examined".

It is to be noted that the police verification was done in the month of Dec'06. However the officer who came to my home for police verfication asked me to come to police station any day only after 08:30 pm for photo verification by some other officer, which is not a good thing to be done by a female in India. So i couldn't go to the police station at night.

I had applied under the RTI to PIO for which the reply is given in BLUE.

Ques 1:Please provide the daily progress made on my application since 29<SUP>th</SUP> Nov’2007, the day on which my application was submitted to your good offices. PIO Says "On receipt of your application, the personal particulars forms are forwarded to the concerned police authorities. Since You have submitted the application at Collection Center, the report comes from them directly. There is no daily progress on the application."

Ques 2: Please provide the names and designations of the officials who were supposed to take action on my application and who haven’t done so since my application is pending since more than 327 days at your office.
    PIO Says "There is no particular person dealing with your file. Your case is pending for the clear report since police has sent a report stating that you have not present before police for enquiry and photo verification."

Ques 3: What action would be taken against these officials for not doing there work and for causing harassment to the public?
    PIO Says " Not Applicable as there is no harrasment."

Ques 4: By when would that action be taken?
    PIO Says "NA"

Ques 5: By when would I get my Passport now?
    PIO Says "On receipt of clear police report, the passport will be issued."

Please help at the earliest.

2. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

Hello goldiegill 2003,
    I would suggest you to file an application under RTI with the PIO of the police department asking for daily progress report.

3. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

Thanks for quick reply. But Who is the PIO for Police Department?

4. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

Quote Originally Posted by goldiegill2003 View Post
    Thanks for quick reply. But Who is the PIO for Police Department?
    You can apply to the District police head office about the progress of your file and why it has not been actioned.Be also bit cautious when you deal with police department.

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

Transforming India through Transforming Individuals

5. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

Can I parallely appeal for the answer I got from Passport Office???

6. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

Dear goldiegill2003,
    I do not think, that there is any substance for the appeal against the Passport Officer. If you are not satisfied with the information provided by the Paasport officer, you can surely file an appeal with the AA. As regards filing an application with the PIO of the Police Department, you can also file it with the PIO at the headquarters of the Police Department. The list of the PIOs must have been on the website of the State Government. Moreover, if file the application with the wrong PIO also, he is under obligation to transfer it to the concerned PIO within a period of 5 days. Alternatively, you can also file the application with the SIC, who will forward it to the concerned PIo.

7. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

The police PIO would generally be the Area DCP (in Delhi) or the Area SSP in other cities.
    However, I would suggest that you submit 3 copies of the Personal Particular form- at the passport office so that the verification request can be sent again by the passport office to the police department concerned. Meanwhile you go ahead with your RTI application with your area police.
    Last edited by rupa4u2nv; 25-11-07 at 03:43 AM. Reason: addon info

8. Re: Police verification report pending since 1 year. Pls help

Furthermore, In this application you can also mention about your passport verification police officer's suggestion for you to come at the police station at night for the photo verification, and ask about the departmental rules/ guidelines about the same. and what action would be taken against that police verification officer if he violated such rules..
    Last edited by rupa4u2nv; 25-11-07 at 03:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast