Thread: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

1. Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

HI I needed some help I had purchased a plot from a builder 2 years back and payed 10% as downpayment , however when i got the NOC and other documents for getting the loan approved I noticed that government had marked certain plots - to be not developed till some other promised development work has been completed by the builder, yet he had sold it to me . On enquiring with the builder he told me that it is temporary and will get cleared in few months however it has been 2 years , now the builder says that the plot has been cleared by the governmnet but he has not given me a fresh NOC .
    Can I find out the status of this plot by filing a RTI application with the government. The plot is in Uttranchal . Who should I aaddress my application to and what all should it contain?
    Also can I do this by post or E Mail ?

Regds

2. Re: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

Hello Akshat,

file an RTI application to Tehsildar/Deputy Collector of your area/district with a fee of Rs.10. Describe all details of your plot/builder and support with photocopies of all necessary document. Ask as many as questions you want information from government. You can also ask for NOC directly from Tehsildar of your area or he will tell you the exact procedure to get NOC with fees.

I'm pretty much sure that high profile bureaucrats like Tehsildar/Deputy Collector do not respond on time, so you have to remind again and again & fight till win.

For any help, you are most welcome.
    My mobile- 9313043860

All the best.
    Sunil Kumar
    Gurgaon (Haryana)
    -------------------------------
    "Run towards you target. If you can not run, walk. If you can not walk, crawl. The important is 'keep moving'."

3. Re: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

Hi Sunil thanks a lot for your reply & giving your number too !!! that was very kind I will probably give you a call , just some more information can I file the application via post or mail , as I live in Mumbai but the plot is in uttranchal . Also how do i submit the fees from here ?

Also the RTI site lists one - "Niyantrak Pradhikari " as PIO under housing category with a phone number too . Should I contact him ?

Thanks again

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

akshat,

1. You can file application by mail/post.
    However, I suggest that you file it thorugh Registerd Post AD, so that
    you have the signed & stamped AD card that comes back to you as
    proof of submission.

2. Application Fee is Rs. 10/- to be paid by Cash, D/D. B/C, IPO,
    Treasury Challan or Non Judicial Stamp Paper.

(Source: http://www.humanrightsinitiative.org...rules_2006.pdf)

Get the name for the D/D from the PIO.

3. Since there are no location details provided by you, you will have to
    do some "homework/research".

I can suggest the following websites:

CHRI: Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative
    (Has details od SCIC and telephone number)

Members — RTI Portal
    (Has directory of PIO's in Hindi with telephone numbers)

http://www.humanrightsinitiative.org...05_english.pdf
    (Non official translation of clarificatory orders of the Uttarakhand Govt.)

NIC Uttarakhand
    (Official website of the Uttarakhand Govt....contains all departmental details including telephone directory)

Hope this helps !

5. Re: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

Hello Akshat & Karira,
    Thanks to you for your replies.

Akshat, before sending RTI application, do a good homework and do not send application by addressing one particular person. Because name of officers on websites are not updated :-(( time to time.

Today, I've got my RTI application back in original form due to this so called mistake, by them. I know this is against RTI Law & I'm not going to leave them. This may happen with another citizen again. So I'm going to file an appeal.

You can send fee by IPO and leave payee name blank, these are best mean of payment. Do not forgot to mention in RTi application that 'I am leaving payee name blank, Kindly fill as per your requirement'. Keep counter foil & photocopy of IPO with you.

I think you can send you application to 'Director, Land Records of Uttranchal'. You can find his details from Internet.

But remember, you may need to appeal 4-5 times, send so many reminders & fight till extent to get justice. As I wrote in 1st reply, they have very thick skin. So be rigid & brave.

All the best.
    Sunil Kumar
    Gurgaon (Haryana)
    "Run towards you target. If you can not run, walk. If you can not walk, crawl. The important is 'keep moving'."

6. Re: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

Hello Akshat & Karira,
    Thanks to you for your replies.

Akshat, before sending RTI application, do a good homework and do not send application by addressing one particular person. Because name of officers on websites are not updated :-(( time to time.

Today, I've got my RTI application back in original form due to this so called mistake, by them. I know this is against RTI Law & I'm not going to leave them. This may happen with another citizen again. So I'm going to file an appeal.

You can send fee by IPO and leave payee name blank, these are best mean of payment. Do not forgot to mention in RTi application that 'I am leaving payee name blank, Kindly fill as per your requirement'. Keep counter foil & photocopy of IPO with you.

I think you can send you application to 'Director, Land Records of Uttranchal'. You can find his details from Internet. (Karira has given you very good links)

But remember, you may need to appeal 4-5 times, send so many reminders & fight till extent to get justice. As I wrote in 1st reply, they have very thick skin. So be rigid & brave.

For your help, I am attaching an 'sample RTI application' which I sent in case my family. You can format your application accordingly. Keep your questions on number paragraphs & ask clear cut informations. Do not hesitate.

All the best.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sunil Kumar
    Gurgaon (Haryana)

7. Re: Information Regarding NOC status of Plot from builder

Thanks everyone that was very useful I will definitly pursue this and keep you posted ....thanks again