Topic Identifier

Thread: I cannot find PIO Mhada

1. I cannot find PIO Mhada

I have checked the Mhada's official website MHADA (Mharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority)
    there is no information available regarding RTI.
    I am surprise to see that. Whether Mhada fall under the purview of RTI or not.

2. Yes, it falls under RTI preview as it is substantially funded by Government.
    To get to know about the PIO, a simple application to the Head of the Office would be sufficient. The Head of the organisation is bound to provide the information as to who is PIO.

3. Re: I cannot find PIO Mhada

RTI Application seeking information alongwith prescribed fee can be directed to the Managing Director or Chief Executive, who is bound to transfer it to concerned PIO. Section-6(3) of RTI Act provides that where an application is made to a public authority requesting for an information - (i) which is held by another public authority, or (ii) the subject matter of which is more closely connected with the functions of another public authority, the public authority, to which such application is made, shall transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer. . As per proviso under this sub-section, such transfer is required to be made within five days from date of receipt of application.

Therefore the CEO or MD or CMD whosoever may be, is duty bound to transfer the RTI Application to the correct PIO.

This will save time in finding out who is PIO.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android