Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can I get back my dues from Government

I worked in a Govt. of India organisation. I left the organisation for better prospects and joined private sector. I worked in the govt. for 12 years. Instead of accepting my resignation the officials chose to terminate my services. Am I elligible for my PF, Gratuity and other terminal benefits? I left in the year 2000. Will RTI come to my rescue?

› Find content similar to: Can I get back my dues from Government

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Can I get back my dues from Government

Mr RamBal,
    RTI may help only to get information if needed. RTI may not provide us remedy. If anything was wrong with you with regards to termination, you may ask related informations and after collecting all information you may proceed greviences redressal mechanism of Govt.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Have you followed the correct procedure of resignation?

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

PF is your own money. No one can deny it. You are entitled for all benefits as applicable for your service of 12 years. One will be able to clarify it more if you elucidate the grounds given for terminating your service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Write a RTI application Asking for
    1) Procedure for terminating an employee from service.
    2) List a of benefits a employee should get who has terminated after putting in 12years of service.

U will get answer to your query in 30 days.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

What does he gain by seeking the procedure for terminating the service ? If he does'nt mind Mr. RamBal should say the ground on which his service was terminated. He is bound to know it. Without this knowledge one cannot proceed further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't want to go to the depth of the case. It was a total hipocracy by higher officials. I have no interest to get back to government service. All I want to say now is 'my service was terminated without barring me from future employment opportunities in other government organization'. Now, where do I stand with respect to my claims on my PF and other terminal benefits.

Thumbs up Re: Can I get back my dues from Government

Quote Originally Posted by RamBal View Post
    I don't want to go to the depth of the case. It was a total hipocracy by higher officials. I have no interest to get back to government service. All I want to say now is 'my service was terminated without barring me from future employment opportunities in other government organization'. Now, where do I stand with respect to my claims on my PF and other terminal benefits.
    Hi Rambal,

You will eligle for
    1) PF
    2) Gratuity -since you have more than 5 yrs of service in government
    3) Earned leave encashment

If you are terminated due to ethical,corruption or any other illegal activities reporting basis , then you will be entitled to only PF.

You can use RTI and ask for

1) The total amount of benefits you are entitled after termination of service
    2) which govt official is handling the settlement process
    3) what is the standard period allowed for such settlements,i believe it is not more than 30 working days. for any period exceeding thsi the govt should pay your money with RBI declared general interest on deposists
    4)the reason for delay in the settlement and at what stage is the settlement process stands now
    5) when is the settlement expected

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

Transforming India through Transforming Individuals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast