Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by ITfreak View Post

I will suggest you to buy 10 rs court fee stamp or 10rs IPO,IPO should be in the name of securities & exchange board of india and send the application to the below address
    "Court Fee Stamp" is not a valid mode of payment of application fee to SEBI, since it is a PA under the Central Govt.

› Find content similar to: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

Twitter: @cjkarira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    "Court Fee Stamp" is not a valid mode of payment of application fee to SEBI, since it is a PA under the Central Govt.

Kindly go through MAHARASHTRA RTI FEES RULES,COURT FEE STAMP IS APPLICABLE ALL OVER MAHARASHTRA.

Name:
    Sarbajit Roy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kindly go through MAHARASHTRA RTI FEES RULES,COURT FEE STAMP IS APPLICABLE ALL OVER MAHARASHTRA.
    Dear ITFREAK

Children should be seen but not heard.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Maharashtra RTI Rules and mode of payment of fees is only applicable to public authorities under the Maharashtra Government and not to the public authorities under the Central Government - as explained earlier SEBI is a public authority under the central government.

It does not matter where the public authority is located geographically. What matters is whether the public authority is under which government. The appropriate rules (central or state) have to be followed irrespective of location.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Sarbajit Roy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ankush77 View Post
    I have to gain some information from SEBI under RTI. I am residing in Amritsar, so how do I pay the fees of Rs. 10/- to them.

SEBI wesbite link i.e. http://www.sebi.gov.in/Index.jsp?contentDisp=RTIAct

On this page all kind of information is available but its not mentioned anywhere that to whom is the DD or Banker's cheque to be favoured.

However, I am bit conversant with the fact that I can pay the fees at any SBI branch in cash and attach receipt along with my application to them, but then, In which account should I deposit the money? What is the Account name and what is the account number?

Kindly guide me about this.

Thanks
    Nowadays the safest way to file an RTI is to file it at the CAPIO of the Postal Department.
    Goto any Head Post Office in Amritsar and deposit the Rs.10 fees there.

PLEASE STATE THE NAME OR DESIGNATION OF THE "CONCERNED CENTRAL PIO" CLEARLY
    or else CAPIO will not accept it for forwarding. (They can only accept and forward for CENTRAL
    PAs). Please note that 5 extra days will be added to time period for CPIO to reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post

pls check the link

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...B7Q7_bI5HfuQhQ

Court fee stamp is the best way of paying application fee, unless you are filing from other state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Maharastra Government has a different format (application)

Thanks a lot,please check the new post by me (Maharashtra RTI act 2012...150 words and one subject....TO EXPERTS) in the RTI general discussion section.....pls provide me ur email ad...iam in contact with reputed RTI activist...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Maharastra Government has a different format (application)

Quote Originally Posted by abhi987 View Post
    Court fee stamp is a valid mode for payment of fees towards RTI Application on a State Govt. subject in the State of Maharashtra.

Indian Postal Order (popularly known as IPO) is a valid mode for payment of fees towards RTI Application on a Central Govt. subject.

For more details on RTI Rules & Fees kindly click on the following link: Centre/State RTI Rules and Fees - Guide
    Sir i want to file an RTI on the SEBI and RBI which is located in mumbai,Maharashtra,so its a central govt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast