Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

1. Re: Maharastra Government has a different format (application)

India has a federal structure of Government, comprising of a union of 28 states and seven union territories.

Each Indian State has its own independent Govt. and then there is an collective Union (Central) Government at the Center.

Seven schedule to the Constitution of India distributes legislative powers between Parliament (Union Govt.) and State legislatures (State Govts), and it comprises of three lists, namely:

List I - Union List,

List II - State List, and,

List III - Concurrent List.

The Union government is empowered to make laws in areas specified on the Union list, the State Governments are empowered to make laws in areas specified on the State list, and laws in areas listed on the concurrent list may be made at either a State or Union level.

Now if a citizen wants to seek information from a Public Authority, the applicable RTI Rules & Fees would depend upon the fact, that under which of the above mentioned three Lists does a particular Public Authority fall, as follows:

RTI on a subject enlisted in List I - Union List:

An applicant will have to follow the Central Govt. RTI Rules & Fees, irrespective of the geographical location of the Public Authority.

RTI on subject enlisted in List II - State List:

An applicant will have to follow the particular State Govt's RTI Rules & Fees.

RTI on a subject enlisted in List III - Concurrent List:

Then it would depend upon whether the Central Govt. or a State Govt. has made laws for the subject.

Hope this helps.

"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." -- Confucius

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by ITfreak View Post
    pls check the link

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...B7Q7_bI5HfuQhQ

Court fee stamp is the best way of paying application fee, unless you are filing from other state.
    It seems you have not read my post # 12 above carefully.
    Also read Sec 2(a) and Sec 27 very carefully !

In spite of that, if you want go ahead and send court fee stamp to SEBI and your RTI application will be returned.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

ITfreak,

Please do not ask the same query in different threads. Your query regarding mode of payment of RTI application fee has been posted in 3 different threads !
    You will be confused with the multiple answers in different threads.
    Some of the relevant posts have been merged with this thread !
    Twitter: @cjkarira

4. Re: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    It seems you have not read my post # 12 above carefully.
    Also read Sec 2(a) and Sec 27 very carefully !

In spite of that, if you want go ahead and send court fee stamp to SEBI and your RTI application will be returned.

Thanks all for giving me authentic information,i do read the Maharashtra RTI fees rules,ok fine but can i use different RTI application to file an RTI for Maharashtra State govt?i read one CIC circular where the CIC said that application can't be rejected if the format is not in prescribe format according to the state rules.

5. Re: Seeking Information from SEBI under RTI

ITfreak,

RTI Act is same for all the State Govts as well as the Central Govt.
    But RTI Rules and Fees are different for each State Govt. as well as for Central Govt.

Kindly do not mix up Public Authorities (PAs) under a State Government with PAs under the Central Government.

State Govt. PA = The particular State RTI Rules & Fees (each State Govt. has prescribed its own set of RTI Rules & Fees)
    Central Govt. PA = Central Govt. RTI Rules & Fees.

Central Information Commission (CIC) Circulars / Observations / Rulings are not applicable to any State Information Commissions (SICs), but they can be used for its persuasive value.

Click on the following link for Central & State RTI Rules & Fees Centre/State RTI Rules and Fees - Guide
    "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." -- Confucius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android