Topic Identifier

Poll: How would you call an RTI Activist?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: How do you name an RTI Activist?

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries

Re: How do you name an RTI Activist?

Quote Originally Posted by K. Pathak View Post
    We would like to know how would you define an RTI Activist and how would you name them.

I came across a word 'Info Activist' in one of the Newspaper!

Would you define activist as:

Those who regularly seek information from Public Offices for larger public good or would you define them as those who help others in framing and using RTI. Personally, I think it is a mix of both.

But is there a proportion and degrees?

or is there some other definition to add?

Is the term limited to only organized Activist like an NGO, Samiti, organization?

I am opening the poll for the same. Kindly vote to let us all know.

RTI Activist is a "RTI Activist"

But how to define a RTI Activist"

According to me one who strives for a better Human Right legislation, fights the acts to tone down the RTI Act - is a RTI Activist. All others are RTI Workers, RTI Volunteers of RTI Info Seekers.

Hon'ble member. Who is named as R.T.I. Activist. An individual who acts for 1- conveying the message concerned with R.T.I. Act. 2- educating the common people in respect of R.T.I. Act. 3-promotion of R.T.I. Act like to provide forum to express difficulties faced by information seekers. 4-accessing information in order to point out the lacuna of government so that may be overcome. 5-fighting injustice committed with the poor and downtrodden by utilizing R.T.I. As weapon. 6-fighting with the government inaction in delivery of public services. Hon'ble members in short, an individual is an R.T.I. Activist if he is whole heartedly devoted and dedicated to promotion of transparency act and in achieving its goal.

Excellent Yogi
    an RTI activist must posses the skill to see that with his activities
    The system should not be collapsed
    BIMAL KUMAR KHEMANI
    a CONSUMER and RTI activist
    ALIGARH, U.P.
    Officially Certified A Grade by DoPT

4. Re: How do you name an RTI Activist?

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi M. P. Singh View Post
    Hon'ble member. Who is named as R.T.I. Activist. An individual who acts for 1- conveying the message concerned with R.T.I. Act. 2- educating the common people in respect of R.T.I. Act. 3-promotion of R.T.I. Act like to provide forum to express difficulties faced by information seekers. 4-accessing information in order to point out the lacuna of government so that may be overcome. 5-fighting injustice committed with the poor and downtrodden by utilizing R.T.I. As weapon. 6-fighting with the government inaction in delivery of public services. Hon'ble members in short, an individual is an R.T.I. Activist if he is whole heartedly devoted and dedicated to promotion of transparency act and in achieving its goal.
    Completely agreed with you Mr. Yogi. RTI activist is the one who acknowledges the common people about their rights and how they could achieve those rights.

5. rti activism

lot of people ask that who is rti activist . according to me ,who is RTI activist is not a big question .actual thing is how many Indian use rti to remove corruption as well as aware the people .if a person file lot of rti in favour of general awareness @removal of corruption ,called rti activist.

I would like to call those persons as R.T.I. Activist who after acquiring the information had made it public and fought till a logical end.

7. Re: How do you name an RTI Activist?

person who file rti regularly to eradicate corruption as well as to aware people about its usefulness called RTI ACTIVIST . no need of NGO , orgnisation etc.

I prefer to define a person who reasonably understood the provisions of the RTI ACT,2005 AND USE IT FOR PUBLIC GOOD AND NOT FOR PERSONAL GOOD AND THROUGH HIS ACTIVITES HE CAN BE BETTER CALLED AN RTI activist or social activist but preference for RTI Activist.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android