Poll: How would you call an RTI Activist?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Name:
    arumugam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How do you name an RTI Activist?

R T I activist, who uses the R T I as a last resort to get the problem solved.It is like a Knife hanging on their Head.The frequent use of this tool will lose its glory.
    M Arumugam

› Find content similar to: How do you name an RTI Activist?

Last edited by arumugam545; 02-08-08 at 07:02 PM. Reason: name correction

Name:
    Prem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll vote for RTI activist as
    1. The press has already made it the operative phrase
    2. It conveys the meaning, is 'active' not 'passive'
    3. Response to queries may be more precise as the RTI request will be better drafted and certain amount of tenacity will be shown in getting the full answer.

Prem

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, use of RTI ACt-2005 is not to find a brand name or select a brand ambassador of any kind.
    I feel people should help each other without any return as name and fame. For this purpose experts and professional exist to sell their advice.
    This Act provides provisions to seek info and relief without the use of professionals.
    It would be a good idea to have a select board of knowledgeable moderators who could provide help from the pool of tips and knowledge bank of case histories etc.
    nk agarwal

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

While sticking to my old post, please let me bring to the notice of this forum a new term I came across. It says "' WATCHDOG ACTIVISTS' in furtherance for the cause of ' RIGHT TO KNOW "

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please stop this dog business.Do something for awareness of new provisions & developments of RTI to the RTI Users

r K Garg

Name:
    vijendra singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, This is RTI activist who uses the RTI Act; & helps others in using RTI . Apart from this , he disseminates the RTI Act in public. Last but not least important is that the RTI activist must compell the public Authority& the info commissioner to providealso the demanded info & to obey the RTI rules. Activist is duty bound to see that the RTI machinery in India is performing as per rules. He must devote his time , body, money etc willingly. Activist must fight with erring officials. I think the continuous fight of activists brought an activist Mr Shailesh in post of an IC. So this is the total definition of RTI worker.

Name:
    victor mecwan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RTI activist- He is the one who is strongly involved in imparting knowlege of the RTI Act and its implementation, helps in dissemination of the same through any media and gives guidance to the public or citizen at large in the usage of the the RTI Act for fetching the required information for the greater good of the people.

Victor Mecwan.

mathewhadley Guest

[U][COLOR=Black]Arvind Kejriwal, Right to Information Act (RTI Act) activist and founder of Parivartan, an NGO, has called for simplifying the procedure for seeking information under the RTI Act.He suggested that Bihar model, where the information seekers could register their name, address and particulars of the information being sought with the call centre, so that they would get applications which would enable them to apply to the right person.
    --------------------------

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast