Thread: Court RTI

1. Court RTI

Hi,

I am a new to RTI. Please let me know if I can file an RTI regarding the process of issuing certified copies after you pay the challan in court's office. Say I have paid for certified copies and I need to know as to how many days before I get the certified copies and the procedure to get it. Because a lot of them are demanding money in the courts' office to give certified copies. One page is charged at Rs 1 but to get it out you need to pay more than 20 Rs per page to get the certified copies sometimes.

2. Re: Court RTI

You can surely file application with PIO of the court for knowing procedure and reasons for delay in giving certified copies to you.

3. Re: Court RTI

Quote Originally Posted by laserjet1000 View Post
    Hi,

I am a new to RTI. Please let me know if I can file an RTI regarding the process of issuing certified copies after you pay the challan in court's office. Say I have paid for certified copies and I need to know as to how many days before I get the certified copies and the procedure to get it. Because a lot of them are demanding money in the courts' office to give certified copies. One page is charged at Rs 1 but to get it out you need to pay more than 20 Rs per page to get the certified copies sometimes.
    You havent stated which court you are referring to. Usually most courts provide the certified copies on the same day, if you have made the payment before lunch hours.

Regarding RTI, most HCs have their own websites, providing all information on procedures etc.

Welcome to Indian Courts

Manoj