Topic Identifier

Thread: some questions related to education and RTI

1. some questions related to education and RTI

i just wanted to inquire whether RTI can be involved to see your answer sheets in board exams?

a friend of mine has appeared for the OCT board exams but has scored 35Marks out of 100 in each paper. which is just passing.

i am reading from this forum from past month so i though i should ask this.(so my reason for registration)

can be invoke the RTI to see his answer sheets?

he has already asked the
    Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education but they don't allow to see the answer sheets.
    so can the RTI act be used for this?
    if not, can any other ACT be used?(like consumer?)
    or any other method where he can get to see his papers?

thanks for the help.

2. Re: some questions related to education and RTI

Yes, you can see. All you need is to file an RTI Application with the State Board.

3. Re: some questions related to education and RTI

This is quite dicy. See the link https://wbic.gov.in/landmark_orders/U...niv_orders.pdf where the West Bengal SIC directed the University of Calcutta to show the answer script to a B.Com Student.
    In one more order WBIC ordered CU to show answer script to an M.Com student.
    But later, a similar case was brought before the CIC where CIC opined that if such a practice is allowed then there can be trouble in case of competitive exams who will have to wait for admissions for people wanting to see their answer scripts. Hence full bench of CIC said that the act cannot be implemented only idealistically but operational issues have to be kept in mind.
    Sometime after this decision, the WBIC took cues from CIC's decision and rejected another similar application.
    My personal opinion is that CIC was flawed in its judgement as the Act only mandates PA's to provide information and does not ask them to wait for declaration of final results till everything is settled.
    In your case you have high chances of getting the judgement of SIC (in case the matter reaches there) if your arguments are sound.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android