Topic Identifier

Thread: Builder(Ghaziabad) not providing the copy of Map approval from GDA

1. Builder(Ghaziabad) not providing the copy of Map approval from GDA

Hello,

I bought a flat (residential 2 storeyed apartement in Vaishali) from a private builder and at the time of deal he told me that he is constructing the parking too for the flat owners. As such I dont have any written agreement with him for parking.
    Now he is asking the flat owners to pay 25000 Rs. so that they can use the parking.
    I dont think the building's map has been approved with the parking in and the builder is not providing me the copy of the map approval from GDA.
    Do you know if I can get this from anywhere else.
    I dont have good relations with the builder as I was the one to stand against his wish to put a signalling tower on the apartments roof for which he is still trying...

Thanks for your suggestions.

Best Regards
    Namrata

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Builder(Ghaziabad) not providing the copy of Map approval from GDA

NamrataR,

The building plan approved by the GDA is a public document and can be accessed under RTI.

For details of SPIO in GDA, please visit:

Ghaziabad Development Authority

(you will need to download Hindi fonts to read the page properly......these can be downloaded from the link given at the bottom of the page referred to above).

In case the application fee and the mode of payment is not given on the above page, please call up the PIO and ask for the same before submitting your application.

3. Re: Builder(Ghaziabad) not providing the copy of Map approval from GDA

Why dont you pay GDA a visit. Meet the PIO personally first. These days, the provide the information without seeking any RTI Application.

Talk to them politely, narrate your problem and express your desire to seek the copies etc. through an RTI Application.

I bet, they would co-operate and also provide you with some surprising documents as well.

Manoj

4. Re: Builder(Ghaziabad) not providing the copy of Map approval from GDA

Thanks for the info and suggestions to both of you.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android