Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deposit of fees

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: deposit of fees

Both chanda_s and mpai are correct.

Section 7(6) comes into play if the 30 days (or the 30 + 5 days) period is over.

Otherwise, the applicant must pay the fees (both the application fee and the fees for obtaining information as per the relevant rules framed for the state/centre).

2. Re: deposit of fees

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Both chanda_s and mpai are correct.

Section 7(6) comes into play if the 30 days (or the 30 + 5 days) period is over.
    LOL Karira, you have failed to mention Col. Kurup as well. In fact Col. sahib has vide his own post time stamped 09-07-2007 08:05 AM has only rephrased his comments to agree to what I had earlier posted.

Looks like he followed the Domino’s Pizza "30 minutes or it's free" policy.

Now here is yet another exercise for some of our Young RTI Turks to ponder over.

What if the CPIO returns your RTI Application in original along with the application fees paid and the AA / CIC directs the CPIO to provide the info?

So order a Pizza and start debating.

Manoj

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

This is readlly a brain-stormer. In case I have to deal with such a case my line of arguement will be as follows:

1. It is immaterial as to what the CPIO has done with my application. As for as I am (I mean the applicant) concerned I have competently filed my RTI application. i.e., applied for information accompanying the prescribed fees. The time-clock started when the CPIO has receipted my application.
    2. He is duty bound to take actions as stipulated in Section 6. His action of returing does not have any place in Section 6 and naturally willbe ignored.
    3. Since there is no provision for returning the application with the fees, he has no choice other than furnishing a reply.
    4. In this case I will defenitely file a First Appeal under Section 19(1) for malafidely denying the information on expiry of the prescribed period from the date of receipt of my application by CPIO.
    5. In my style of functioning, I will not mention in the appeal that he has returned the fee or returned the application. Let the CPIO say that in his defence and I am not responsible to provide him materials for his defence.. As for as I am concerned he has receipted my application accompanied by the prescribed fees and is deemed to have been refused the information on expiry of the prescribed period. That is good enough. When the AA or CIC order him to provide me the information I am not required to pay anything as the CPIO neither provided me the informtion within 30 days nor asked me to deposit additional fees before the expiry of the prescribed period.

I have this peculiar case. I need comments from the Members.
    1. RTI application filed with Designated Post Office. (CAPIO)
      Fees paid through UCR.Application forwarded to the 1st CPIO.(PA 1)
    2. 1st PIO a supplied the information available with him.
    3. Then he forwards the same application to another CPIO. (PA 2)
      The second CPIO gives part information after a little dilly dallying with the FAA.
    4. Data Mismatches
    5. So I am now contemplating to file 2nd Appeal against PA 2 and complaint agaist PA 1.

How can I prove that I have paid the Fees to the both the PAs.

N. B. PA 1 is a Regulator and PA 2 is a service Provider.

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 11-06-08 at 05:04 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Sidharth,

One RTI application - one fee

It is another matter that PA 1 transferred a part of your application to PA 2.

You need to attach only the same proof of fees to the 2nd Appeal against PA 2 and the Complaint against PA 1. Explain clearly in your Second Appeal against PA 2 , the complete sequence of events under "Facts leading to this Second Appeal" so that there is no confusion in the CIC/SIC registry.

Siddharth,you yourself have clearly designated the PIOs as Regulator(1) and Service Provider(2) in accordance with Sec6(3) . It is the regulator who de- facto is the coordinator . In any case ,there is no provision in RTI Act to pay application fee to more than one PIO for one application.

hello
    if one had submitted the rti application along with indian postal order of rs.10 by speed post but pf office replied saying that there is no ipo in my application and hence they cannot provide info.
    what do we do in such cases when the pf office can tear and throw the ipo. they reply after more than 35 days that there is no ipo so no reply canbe given.

You can do either of the two below.

1. Through Hand Delivery and obtaining a signed acknowledgment (in case the office is near to you)

or

2. Sending the application through a designated Post Office and pasting the UCR on the application itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android