Topic Identifier

Thread: RTI administrative structure

1. RTI administrative structure

What is the exact RTI Administrative structure, at the center and in the states? I need to know the heirarchy with the designations.
    For example - Chief Info commisioner followed by Info commissioner, followed by PIO etc.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

-Magnum

2. Re: RTI administrative structure

Please devote some time to study the FAQ section and the downloadable version of RTI Act in our portal. They are sure to give you a very good idea not just about the structure of the hierarchy alone but also on various other important concepts connected with the Act.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Question Re: RTI administrative structure

Hi Ganpati,

I have been through the RTI Act, and the FAQ section as well, and have got most of the information I needed. But I am still not clear about the following points: -

1) Reporting relationship - Who does the State Chief Information Commissioner (SCIC) and State Information commissioners (SIC) report to? Do they report to the Central Chief Info Commisioner (CCIC) or the Central Info comms. (CIC)?

2) Do the Central Information Commission and the State Info commisions fall under the purview of any specific ministry / department? Or are they independent commissions?

Any inputs on the above would be greatly appreciated.

-Magnum

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android