Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Section 4 of RTI Act VERY IMPORTANT, See Sample RTI

Dear all, This is good example of making all govt/institutions covered under RTI to establish transparency in accordance with RTI Act. This was shared by group of IIT-Delhi students.Kudos to them. Please use this liberlly as seperate RTI application or part of your RTI. At least I espect 50%.

In my recent RTI with DDA/RCS have taken up this and hope some improvement. One of my RTI with Public Grivience Commission NCT Delhi is roaming from one place to other (PGC to LG office to GAD Delhi etc) The question was simple what is the criteria for PGC Chairman and Members Selection and what are the benchmark for INTEGRITY?
    Thankig you,
    This group have a lot of information...together we all will make a diffrence. Lets pledge(new year 2008 resolution) that we will create more RTI and make administration work and transparent also motivate public to file RTI.
    Regards,
    Rejimon
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    To
    The Public Information Officer,

*Sub: Application under the Right to Information Act 2005 *

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please provide the following information under the Right to Information act 2005, with respect to

1. Under Section 4 (1) (a) of the Right to Information act 2005, all public authorities are suppose to maintain all their records duly catalogued and indexed in a manner that facilitates the Right to Information. In this regard, what steps have been taken by the your office to meets its obligation under Section 4(1) (a). Please provide details of steps, mechanisms, process and/or systems adopted by the your office to fulfill this responsibility.

2. Please provide certified copies of the instructions/ orders etc. received from superior authorities with respect to implementation of the Right to Information act 2005.

1. Under Section 4(2) of the Right to Information act 2005, all public authorities have to *suo motu* disclose information pertaining to their functioning as per the 17 points listed under Section 4(1) (b). In this regard please provide the following information:-

1. Has the your office/department *suo motu* made public, information falling under all the 17 points listed under section 4(1) (b)?

2. If yes, please provide information regarding the medium and format in which the information has been displayed.

3. Is this information easily accessible? Please list the options available to the public to access this information.

4. What steps has your office taken to provide as much information as possible *suo motu* to the public so that they do not have to apply under section 4 (2) of the RTI Act 2005? Please provide details of steps taken.

5. What steps have been taken by your office to disseminate widely the information w.r.t section 4 (1), in a manner easily accessible to the public? Please provide details of the steps taken for dissemination.

6. Has your office updated the information listed in the 17 points under section 4(1) (b)? If yes, then please provide the dates on which the information was updated, the process undertaken to update the information, the officer(s) in-charge of ensuring that the information is updated and made available under section 4(1) (b).

7. Has your office put up notice boards under section 4 (4) (ref. to explanations), giving the details about the CPIO etc.: in its office, subordinate offices. If yes, then please provide certified copies of office orders sent to the concerned offices and action taken report received from them.

1. Has your office published all relevant facts while formulating policies or announcing decisions that affect the public as required under Section 4(1) (c)?

1. If yes, then please provide certified copies of notifications, orders, government resolutions, circulars and any other means of communication or documents, files including file notings through which the same was carried out.

1. What steps have been undertaken by your office to ensure that it provides reasons for its administrative or quasi-judicial decisions to affected persons? Please provide details of the process, mechanism and/or systems that are in place to meet this obligation under Section 4(1) (d).

1. With respect to point 3 (g) above, I would like to inspect the said work under section 2 (j) subsection (i) of the RTI act 2005. Please let me know the date, time and venue for the inspection.

The above requested information maybe kindly furnished within the time period of 30 days as provided in section 7. I am depositing Rs. 10 as application fees.

Please do not use any acronym/abbreviations in the reply. The reply should be English under section 7(9) of the RTI act 2005.

If you do not directly deal with this application or a part thereof, kindly forward it to the right PIO under section 6(3) of RTI Act with intimation to me. You are required to do so within 5 days of receipt of this application, as per section 6(3) of the Act.

Thanking You,

Yours Faithfully,

--
    REJIMON C K.
    Nav Sansad Vihar, Sector 22, Dwarka, New Delhi-110077
    India.

› Find content similar to: Section 4 of RTI Act VERY IMPORTANT, See Sample RTI

Last edited by ganpat1956; 22-12-07 at 12:24 AM.
    Rejimon CK
    Sector 22
    Dwarka, ND-77

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Section 4 of RTI Act VERY IMPORTANT, See Sample RTI

Good work Regimon CK. Earlier in this forum, we had a lot of discussions on non implementation of Sec.4 etc. But nobody came out with such a comprehensive RTI questionnaire on the subject. I am sure your post would generate a lot of interest among our members and pave way for more RTI petitions on similar lines.

(I have taken the liberty of editing your post to make it appear better, without altering the contents).
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Regarding Section 4(1)(d) , I had submitted a few application as per this very inportant and effective (should have been) Section of RTIA. But all in vain. Our SPIOs are very much reluctant to provide "PROPER" information. I have to attend one appeal hearing wrt to one of such application, in which I had submitted 11 queries ( mostly drafted by Ganapltji, would you please remember)., mentioning Section 4 and specially 4(1)(d). So all the experienced actvists are requested to suggest some fruitful plans/strategy(?) to be taken , in connection with the said appeal hearing on 27th Dec,2007.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

rejimonck,

A very good format indeed !
    Must start using it with all PA's (of whom there are several in AP) who have not implemented Section 4 of the RTI Act.
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 21-12-07 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the encouragement.
    the kudos goes to youthtask force of iit delhi who is credit for this sample application.
    i am sure the efforts of RTIINDIA and kushalji efforts in puting all such info from all the corners will bring fruits very soon.
    rejimon, dwrka, new delhi.
    are you resident of delhi and want to complaint LG ?
    Rejimon CK
    Sector 22
    Dwarka, ND-77

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

shri rejimonk ji,

i am going to put up such application soon with some offices.

you have gave a good directions. and good encouragement to real SOCIAL ACTIVISTS AND RTI ACTIVISTS. HERE WE GET LOT OF SATISFACTION BY HELPING PEOPLE AND CORRECTING MANY WRONG DECISIONS AND CORRUPT PRACTICES ADOPTED IN MANY OFFICES.

RAKATKAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Karira Ji,

What Is Full Form Of "pa", As I Have Seen It Many Times. Can You Explain.

Rakatkam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

public authority. pio- public information officer ,CIC-CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION, SIC-STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast