Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

1. Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

This is the discussion thread for the Announcement Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act
    Kindly use this thread to Post any bug, suggestion, or comment about the announcement.

Do not use this thread for any other purpose than defined above.

Regards,
    Kushal

2. Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

Excellent piece of work Kushal. For the first time we have initiated a campaign, that too totally non-controversial and quite in tune with stated objectives of our portal. Kudos to RegimonCK and his IIT mates for igniting the spark.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

I am very much interested wrt 4(1)(d), and raised discussion in this matter in the forum. As the PA of some Deptt. are simply avoiding almost all the queries raised by applicants - this particular sub section of section 4 may be helpful. Already I submitted a few applications (4) , but no positive response received. On 27th I have to attend one hearing , experience of which I shall share with the members, after receiving their response.

Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

The section 4 may provide so many solutions which may be helpful in transparency and accountability and will satisfy the so many information needs. The discussion on section at this stage is also appreciable as it will clear so many confusions.

5. Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

I planning to put this application to BMC Mumbai but since the application is in PDF format I will not be able to put it in the format Annexure 'A' of Maharashtra Govt. So can u kindly make available this format in Word format or else I'll have to re-type the application.

6. Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    I am very much interested wrt 4(1)(d), and raised discussion in this matter in the forum. A On 27th I have to attend one hearing , experience of which I shall share with the members, after receiving their response.
    Can we have an update on the hearing you attended on the the 27th please. In case you have posted this on a seperate thread, please let me know.

Thanx

Manoj

7. Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

Quote Originally Posted by mpai View Post
    Can we have an update on the hearing you attended on the the 27th please. In case you have posted this on a seperate thread, please let me know.

Manoj
    I had received the report of hearing of the 1st appeal, in which I wanted to know the reason of some administrative/quasi-judicial decisions of the concerned PA: but the AA could not give any proper reply .Mostly informed that required information was not available in the DEpt, and while that statement was challenged during hearing, AA suggested for the inspection of the "relevant file". My previous experience of inspection of files in that Dept. was not at all satisfactory. They brought certain records which were kept in the files and specifically the "wanted" documents were missing. And reply was that these are all records. This time I reminded them to bring the file properly with relevant records. I am expecting the inspection date and do not know how to have the required records.

8. Re: Discussions: Proactive Disclosure campaign under Section 4 of RTI Act

We have also filed similar application with Charity Commissioner's Office, Ahmedabad. reply is awaited.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android