Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

Re: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

Dear Mr Abhijeet,
    Honarary retirement of any person is not a proof of his honesty or cleaniness. I am quite confident that the human being working with partiality or misusing the public post for some timely benefit will definately be punished. Some persons feels at very early stage like "Mahatma Gandhi" who realised so many mistakes in early age and rectified the same. The person who is not realising the mistakes at the stage of retirement now there is no way to correct it.
    GOD have accounting of whole KARMA`s of human being and whole account will be cleared by GOD.
    Yeh sab vidhi ka vidhan hai.

2. Re: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

thank you,karira; you have taken a big load off my mind. i appreciate your timely advice. thanks once again.

3. Re: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

misuse of the rti act - this is not something peculiar to rti act; before the benefits of any legislation reach the people, misuse of the act starts immediately; take for example the acts regarding dowry and domestic violence; i know of many women who overtly or covertly threaten their menfolk with dire consequences quoting the provisions of these acts; i myself have recently come across a petition under rti act seeking information that is simply voluminous which would take me months to collect that information. certainly the intention of the petitioner is not to get information but to embarass the pio. reality; use and misuse of any legislation is co-extensive.

4. Re: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

"If he is not entitled to get it as per the Act, the PIO, AA and the SIC have all the powers to deny it declaring that he is not entitled for that information quotting provisions of the Act. They are unable to do it because there is no such provision."

But the point is SPIO of one Dept is providing no information at all and that without mentioning any such provision. The AA of that Dept. simply mentioning the view of SPIO- record is not available in the file. SIC is taking too much time for any decision, I got only one proper step from SIC in a year. SIC is very soft towards the SPIO & AA. We are really helpless

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snkmoorthy View Post
    thank you,karira; you have taken a big load off my mind. i appreciate your timely advice. thanks once again.
    Appreciate the Thanks but cannot understand for what ?
    Maybe posted in the wrong thread / thanked the wrong person /wrongly addressed ?

6. Re: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

Good work karira & vivek
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

At least we should be very clear that " there is absolutely no scope for misuse of the RTI Act". The Appellants only "Request" for an information strictly as per the provisions of the RTI Act. How can a request become misuse ? Yes, our LEARNED COMMISSIONS can allege that the RTI Activists are misusing the information when given. That is of no concern of the Wise-men. Has the Commission has any authority in not abiding with this statutory function of the Commissions confined to see that "the information requested fall under the defenition givenin Section 2(f) and ambit of Section 4(1)(d), does not fall under any of the excemptions given in the Act, does not disproportionately divert the resources of the public authority or would be detrimental to the safety or preservation of the records in question and the person seeking the ibid information has paid the prescribed fees and additonal charges asked for ? " .The commission has absolutely no business to step outside this parameter. The entire drama of misuse is a hoax to escape from their above duties.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 06-01-08 at 01:14 PM.

8. Re: Public Servants Cry Of ' Misuse Of RTI Act'

Dear Mr sngupta,
    Now a days your GOD has also become too much biased , as a result of which the corrupt persons as well as corrupt administration are so much powerful in all sphere of life. Probably this is the manifestation of KALIJUG . And we are suffering for this only. Let us hope that by the grace of GOD we will able to break this unity of them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android