Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

IAS get ‘foreign service’ posts

IAS get ‘foreign service’ posts

Hyderabad, Dec. 22: The state government has accommodated over 50 IAS officers in quaintly-named "foreign service" posts. This is apart from the 85 ex-cadre posts which it has created for IAS officers in violation of rules. In short, the state government has taken the total number of ex-cadre posts to an unprecedented 135 through various ruses. "I have never heard of foreign service posts," said a senior IAS officer. "To my knowledge, there is no such category in IAS rules. Does it mean we are out of IAS cadre?"

For instance, the post of managing director of Andhra Pradesh State Warehousing Corporation, en ex-cadre post since 1958, has now been termed a "foreign service" post. Mr C. Annamalai first held the post and 31 other officials occupied it after him. The incumbent, Mr Shafiquzzaman, is now involved in a dispute with the government over the cadre issue.

While IAS officers considered 47 posts including that of director general of EPTRI, chairman and MD of APTransco and MD of AP Industrial Development Corporation as ex-cadre posts, the government now says they are also "foreign service" posts. Further, posts of MDs, vice chairpersons and CEOs of corporations and public sector undertakings were also being treated as "foreign service" posts under State Deputation Reserve posts.

City News

› Find content similar to: IAS get ‘foreign service’ posts

Last edited by karira; 23-12-07 at 06:53 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: IAS get ‘foreign service’ posts

Due to a error on my part, I missed out the last para from the above news report:

Other "foreign service" posts include that of the MD of APCOB, director general of the Centre for Good Governance, vice chairman and MD of NEDCAP, MDs of APIIC, AP Oil Seeds Growers Federation, AP Tourism Development Corporation, Girijan Cooperative Corporation, AP Housing Corporation, Singareni Collieries, HMWSSB and executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android