Topic Identifier

Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: RTI for University

  1. RTI for University

    Hi all,

    I have Completed MCA from TilkaManjhi Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur.
    During MCA Course i have given Improvement of two paper. Tha university published the result of that paper also. and given me Marks sheet written on Dept. Pad also. But in result they didnot included my improved result.

    When we asked about that they said there is no provision of Improvement in regulation. But during our admission ther was provison of improvement. Now regulation has been changed.

    Right now i am working as Software Enginner in Noida. So it is not possible to enquire about all these things. as I have given application for that to include my improved marks. But they didnot care about this. And I failed to secured Distingtion marks.

    So any body can suggesst me how i can get justice through RTI ACT while doing job in Noida. I have all the necessary document proof. like Application no, temporary marks sheet etc.

    Suggestion will be appreciated.


  2. #2
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: RTI for University


    Yes, you can use RTI to find out why you were not given the mark sheet after inclusion of the "improvement marks".

    1. First you must find out who is the PIO of the university.
    2. Second find out the mode of payment of application fee of RS. 10/-
    and in whose name should your BC/DD be ?
    3. Just make a RTI application along the following lines:

    1. If the university allows students to take improvement exams in the course............................?
    2. If yes, does the university issue a revised marksheet including the improvement exams marks ?
    3. Was this regulation of including "improvement marks" ever changed in the last 20 years ?
    4. If yes, when was it changed ?
    Please give me a certified copy of the circular/notification that changed the rules.
    5. From which admission batch was the change in the above mentioned rule applicable ?
    6. For batches admitted in the course.......after the date of rule change, were the students informed in writing that "improvement marks" were not to be considered ?
    If yes, please give me a certified copy of the circular or notice ?
    7. I gave a "improvement exam" for the course ......................... and subject...................... on.............................. If improvement marks were not to be considered, then why was the improvement exam conducted ?
    Please give a me a certified copy of any notice , circular, board of governors minutes, etc, which cancelled the marks in the above mentioned improvement exam.

    (Just brush up the above format, incorporate more details, add more questions if necessary, etc. You can file the application in Hindi, if you wish)

    Bihar has a telephone helpline to file RTI Applications. Please fell free to use it. Details of the helpline (JAANKARI) are given at:

    National Informatics Centre

    (In fact this is one of the projects submitted from India for The Stockholm Challenge 2008)


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android