Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

1. Question How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

Hi folks,

I am a villager from Tamilnadu and have some queries regarding the following situation.

In our area, the electricity lines are not safe and the power we receive has lots of fluctuations. I wrote about this to the Asst. Engineer of the local Tamilnadu Electricity Board through registered post (I have the receipt for that) but I did not receive any reply and still the electric lines are not repaired.

My questions are:
    1. Is it possible to ask the Asst. Engineer, why there is no action to repair the lines/when will he repair it?
    2. If yes, how to do that? Please tell me in detail.
    3. If no, what should I do?

Your reply is going to help lots of innocent people. Awaiting for your replies.

2. Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

Polis77,
    It is definitely possible to invoke the provisions of RTI to get the reply from TNEB. First find out who is the PIO for your area concerned. If you do not know, then atleast mention your area/village and our members will try to find out the same for you.

Please furnish the full details of your problem. Your statement the electricity lines are not safe is not clear. Please mention clearly the present condition of the lines.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Question Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

Dear Ganpat1956,

Thank you for your response. The details are given below.

Area/Village:

Merpanaikadu village,
    Aranthangi (circle/Taluk),
    Pudukottai district,
    Tamilnadu.

Problem:

The exact issue is that, the electric lines that comes to our street from one post to the other post are not a open aluminum wire (which usually to be installed by the electricity board). But it is the normal wires which are installed by the street residents. The issue is that, as the distance between the two posts are long, the normal wires that are installed are hanging low to the ground and we fear that it might fall down if there is a heavy weather. One of the two posts is also weak that, it might also fall down. The connections made with that wires are not proper as they are loose connected and thus the power we receive has lots of fluctuations.

I highly appreciate your response and awaiting for the same again. Thank you.

4. Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

Hi folks,
    why there is no help or suggestions? Still awaiting..

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

I think you will have a to contact one of the officers listed on the following website and get details of the correct PIO for your area:

tamil nadu electricity board
    Last edited by karira; 25-01-08 at 07:07 PM.

6. Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

polis77, please send your rti application to the office of the divisional engineer; it then becomes his duty to forward the application to the proper PIO the reply would take 5 extra days to reach you. also send a separate collective petition signed by your area residents to the divisional engineer highlighting the dangers posed to the public and with a warning/notice that if any danger actually happens, he will be held accountable for the consequences. you would see some action.

7. Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

U can ask PIO fate of your earlier application and action taken on it through RTI application. For framing questions pl refer my blog, when things are pending with govt. Send photocopy of your earlier application with the RTI application. You can send application to PIO of the nearest office of electricity board, who is bound to redirect the same to correct PIO, within 5 days of receipt by him, under advice to you. Pl visit TN govt website to get the proforma of RTI appln if at all prescribed in TN RTI rules or else you can use proforma given in my blog for central govt. offices.All the best.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How to use RTI to question a Engineer of Electricity board

Quote Originally Posted by polis77 View Post

The exact issue is that, the electric lines that comes to our street from one post to the other post are not a open aluminum wire (which usually to be installed by the electricity board). But it is the normal wires which are installed by the street residents. The issue is that, as the distance between the two posts are long, the normal wires that are installed are hanging low to the ground and we fear that it might fall down if there is a heavy weather. One of the two posts is also weak that, it might also fall down. The connections made with that wires are not proper as they are loose connected and thus the power we receive has lots of fluctuations.
    Maybe this can also be used for "life and Liberty" clause so that the TSEB replies within 48 hours. I think if you attach pictures to your RTI application and show the dangerous conditions of the wires, the PIO will have to accept the "Life and Liberty" clause.

Some of the questions you can ask:

1. Name, Designation, Office Address and Office Telephone number of the officer of TSEB incharge of maintenance of wires and power distribution for the area.............(name of the street/area/village)
    2. As per the job description of the above mentioned officer, how many times a month or a year and with what frequency is he supposed to visit each of the field areas for inspection ?
    When did this particular officer inspect the area............................the last time ?
    3. Please give me a certified copy of the inspection report submitted by the officer after his last visit.
    4. Please give me a certified copy of the "Action Taken Report" based on the inspection report submitted by the officer.
    5. Please inform me the voltage (in Volts) supplied and the frequency (in Hz) of the power supply supplied to the area called......................as per the following:

Date, Time, Actual Voltage (V), Actual Frequency (Hz)

(You can ask for some random dates and times for 20 days over a period of 6 months)

What is the correct voltage and frequency that has to be supplied to consumers ?
    6. In case you do not have the Voltage and Frequency data for the above requested Date/Time, please provide me certified copies of any register that is maintained for noting readings of Voltage/Frequency
    7. Give me a certified copy of the document that lays down standards for wires to be used for supplying power to our street
    8. Please give me a certificate to show that the wires actually used for power distribution in area..................actually conform to the specifications as laid down in document outlined in item 7 above.
    9. What action will be taken by TSEB against the officer who is responsible for this dangerous situation in the area.........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android