Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Advice Needed to check whether I'm heading in the Right Path..

Dear Sir / Madam ,

I have applied for Changes in PAN Details five Months back & Still My Application is Under Process with the Income Tax Department.. I have been in touch with their Customer Care Centre & still no progress..

Though this Matter seems to be simpler , you can understand that all my financial commitments & plans has been stalled because as a Dutiful Citizen I thought of pursuing all those only after correcting the PAN.. BUT I WAS LEFT ONLY WITH FRUSTRATION..

AFTER A LONG WAIT , HERE WITH I"M ASKING YOU SOME
    CLARIFICATIONS THAT IS NEEDED FROM MY PART ..
    </pre>* How Can I Approach the Income Tax Department ( Mumbai ) & Who can be approached under RTI Act ?
    My Question to them will be ,
    - Why its been delayed & Why I have been made to wait for almost half a year.. !!

* Am I pursuing the right path for the aforesaid issue and if so please advice me with the process I need to follow..

Thanks in advance for your Help..

Thanks & regards,

Siva

› Find content similar to: Advice Needed to check whether I'm heading in the Right Path..

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Advice Needed to check whether I'm heading in the Right Path..

jpsivakumar8,

If you have exhausted all means to get your PAN card reissued with the changes/corrections you wanted

(please visit: Income Tax India or UTI Technology Services Ltd. )

you can certainly file a application under RTI to find out why your application is delayed....etc...

Details of CPIO's in the Income Tax Dept., Mumbai area are given at:

http://incometaxmumbai.nic.in/RTI_CPIOs.htm

The type of information you can ask for is:

1. Which officers handled your application from the time of receipt till date including names of officers, designations, office address, tel nrs. etc.
    2. How long was the file pending with each of the above officers and what action did the particular officer take / or not take, in this regard
    3. What were the reasons given by each of the above officers for not taking action in this matter
    4. What is the "benchmark" time limit set by the IT dept. to make changes in a applicants PAN card ?
    5. If this bench mark time limit is not adhered to what action can be taken as per the prevalent rules and regulations of the dept. against those officers who do not work within the prescribed time limits
    6. Since this matter is delayed beyond reasonable time and I have been put to hardship, mental agony and financial opportunity cost, what action will be taken against those officers who delayed this matter
    7. Will I be informed of the action taken against those officers who delayed this case
    8. I want to inspect the complete file or files (if there are more than one) along with file notes, comments and all documents pertaining to this matter
    9. During the inspection of the file/files, I would like to take certified photocopies
    of certain pages or notes or documents available in those file/files
    10. By what date can I expect to get my PAN card with the changes incorporated
    Last edited by karira; 26-12-07 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Karira ,

Thanks for the Valuable Advice... I do have one more query , hope I won't occupy most of your time..

I have Processed the Application with the following Department..

INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT
    (Managed by National Securities Depository Limited)
    1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, S. B. Marg,Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013.

* Would you be able to advice who exactly the CPIO for this particular issue & the Process I need to start for Initiating the RTI ..

Thanks again..!!

Regards,

Siva

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    jpsivakumar8,

If you have exhausted all means to get your PAN card reissued with the changes/corrections you wanted

(please visit: Income Tax India or UTI Technology Services Ltd. )

you can certainly file a application under RTI to find out why your application is delayed....etc...

Details of CPIO's in the Income Tax Dept., Mumbai area are given at:

http://incometaxmumbai.nic.in/RTI_CPIOs.htm

The type of information you can ask for is:

1. Which officers handled your application from the time of receipt till date including names of officers, designations, office address, tel nrs. etc.
    2. How long was the file pending with each of the above officers and what action did the particular officer take / or not take, in this regard
    3. What were the reasons given by each of the above officers for not taking action in this matter
    4. What is the "benchmark" time limit set by the IT dept. to make changes in a applicants PAN card ?
    5. If this bench mark time limit is not adhered to what action can be taken as per the prevalent rules and regulations of the dept. against those officers who do not work within the prescribed time limits
    6. Since this matter is delayed beyond reasonable time and I have been put to hardship, mental agony and financial opportunity cost, what action will be taken against those officers who delayed this matter
    7. Will I be informed of the action taken against those officers who delayed this case
    8. I want to inspect the complete file or files (if there are more than one) along with file notes, comments and all documents pertaining to this matter
    9. During the inspection of the file/files, I would like to take certified photocopies
    of certain pages or notes or documents available in those file/files
    10. By what date can I expect to get my PAN card with the changes incorporated

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Call up any of the PRO's available on the following web page and recount the problem to them and ask them clearly who is the PIO to whom I should address my RTI application ?

Mumbai Income tax department

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi ,

I'm still Confused with the Process of the IT Department.. I contacted PRO office Mumbai and they inturn adviced me to get in touch with IT Dept , Tamilnadu.. Becuase my PAN is alloted in Tamilnadu though the Online application of correction in PAN is getting processed in NSDL,Mumbai..

So with the contacts gathered from the following link,

http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/CCI...us_Display.asp

I'm not sure to whom I need to speak with.. Since my Application is related with Online - I was trying to reach Commissioner of Computer Operations , but I'm not able to reachout to them.. So I spoke with One of the Appellate Authority and he inturn adviced me to get in touch with NSDL..

* Shall I go a head and file an RTI with the Commissioner of Computer Operations for this issue.. ?

Hope you can understand the situation i'm in.. I don't wanna bring in any hassle , but I would like to get my corrected PAN as soon as it can be..

Thanks & regards,
    Siva

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

I cannot open any link in incometaxindia.gov.in
    If you find a PIO in the Computer Operations Department, file the RTI application to him.
    Why don't you file a similar RTI with the original issuing office in Chennai also ?

I cannot see any link for RTI / PIO on the NSDL TIN website. That is because NSDL is not a PA as defined in the RTI Act 2005.
    However, you can use the customer feedback/complaint link as given below:

Tax Information Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions..

Yes , the CPIO contact I have is the Chennai Computer Operations Only.. and with respect to the NSDL Link that you have given , I did already contacted them through that Channel more than once & everytime they say it is Pending with IT Department..

SO I have no idea where exactly my application is Struck with..

Thanks & regards,
    Siva

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Why search for correct PIO? You can file RTI application with any PIO of Income Tax Dept at Mumbai or Chhenai and he is bound to redirect the application to the appropriate PIO depending upon matter of RTI application, within 5 days of receipt by him. Just send the details with a Rs.10/- ipo fvg Accounts Officer, Income Tax Dept, Govt of India. This should suffice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast