In March 2007, I had requested for a new LPG connection (home use) from HP Gas distributor (Bangalore: Area - Domlur). I was given an 'order number'. As per the HP Gas distributor, a new LPG connection would take 2 weeks (if I purchase a hotplate too from him worth Rs. 2000), or 3-6 months (if I don't purchase a hotplate from him). I went for the 2nd option (i.e without hotplate).
I have not received the connection till date. When I enquired with him now, he wants me to newly request for a connection which will take 1 day (with hotplate) / 2 months (without hotplate).
Question 1.a : Can I file an RTI?
Question 1.b : What should be the content of the same?
Today, I approached BharatGas distributor (Bangalore: Area - HAL II Stage) for a new LPG connection (home use). As per him, a new LPG connection would take 1 day (if I purchase a hotplate too from him worth Rs. 2000 / a pressure cooker worth Rs. 1500), or 3 months (if I don't purchase a hotplate from him).
You should file a RTI application to the concerned company of the distributor (Indian Oil/Bharat Petrolium/Hindustan Petrolium) and ask them following information.
1. What is procedure of new connection.
2. Is it necessary to buy hotplate from the distributor /
3. What action can be taken against the distributor forcing me to buy hotplate ?
4. How much time it normally takes to get a new connection in my area ?
5. What action can be taken against the agency which intentionally delays a new connection without assigning a reason ?
6. Name and number of officers who can be contact for complain about the distributing agency.
Add few more question you deem fit for inclusion and file your RTI application to the following PIO along with Indian Postal Order in favor of Accounts Officer of the concerned authority (IOL, BP or HP) and handover a copy of the RTI application to the local distributor. I am sure he will rush to your home address as soon he get the copy.
In case of Indian Oil
Executive Director (Human Resources)
Indian Oil Corporation Limited
3079/3, Sadiq Nagar,
J.B. Tito Marg,
New Delhi - 110049
In case of Bharat Petroleum
Shri. A. K. Gupta
Du Parc Trinity, 7th Floor,
17, M. G. Road,
Bangalore 560 001
Tel. : 080 - 22975460
Fax : 080 - 22975481
In case of Hindustan Petrolium
HPCL, # & 4,