Thread: Roads left incomplete and pending from long

1. Roads left incomplete and pending from long

Hi,

I am staying at Kandivili east, Krantinagar ,MHADA. We have two roads leading to my house . Both these roads are not tar ( Kuchha) roads. It seems these roads are under MHADA as R south ward - Municipality confirmed it does not belong to them.

In the last two months we have been facing a lot of problems ,because , all of a sudden MHADA decided to redo the drainage lines. Its sad that they began the work and its half done. There seem to be no progress with the work they have began as we have regular problems with the gutters overflowing and thus making impossible to walk on the road. They have made a new drainage line which is right in the middle of the road thus making its impossible for any vehicle going and coming to our building.

To add to this MHADA in the last week dug up the other road completely in the intension to redo the roads. Its sad that this road is dug and and left as it is. Children and senior citizens find it difficult to walk on this road. Vehicles are facing tyre punctures due to the condition of the road.

Request you to guide , who in MHADA should I present this case and what is their contact number and location.

Your help much appreciated .

Thanks.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Roads left incomplete and pending from long

latha,

The two web pages I could get for you for PIO in MADHA are:

For Mumbai Housing and Area Board:

MHADA (Mharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority)

For Head Office of MHADA:

MHADA (Mharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority)

If the above two links do not work, visit the above website and get the RTI link from the link "Important Information" on the left hand side panel/frame.

Surprisingly, neither the PIO's address nor the contact teelphone numbers are given on the website. This should be another piece of information you should ask for when you make your RTI Application.
    Probably, you can call the PRO of MHADA on these numbers (as given on website), explain to him your location and problem, and ask him as to who is the correct PIO, the address and the mode of payment of application fee/in favour of whom:

<table style="width: 590px; height: 40px;" border="1" cellpadding="7" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td height="35" valign="top" width="35&#37;">Public Relation Officer (PRO)</td> <td height="35" valign="top" width="34%">Office:- 2659 0911, 56405077</td> <td height="35" valign="top" width="32%">EXT: 5066, 5077</td></tr></tbody></table>
    I also noticed that MHADA has not complied with information on its website as per Section 4 of the RTI Act.

While you are submitting your normal application, please help us by submitting another application as per format given in the following thread:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2310-p....html#post8052

If MHADA discloses details as required under Section 4, it will help other citizens like you tremendously.

Thanks in advance for your efforts in promoting this campaign.

3. Re: Roads left incomplete and pending from long

Dear Team,

I was able to contact the R south ward official handling the maintainence dept for Kandivili east.

The contact No for Kandivili East ward is 28054697.

We been able to find out the formalities to be completed to arrange for the completion of the road and drainage upgradation.

Thanks a lot for your support

Will keep you posted on the progress.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Roads left incomplete and pending from long

Quote Originally Posted by Latha S Nair View Post

...............We been able to find out the formalities to be completed to arrange for the completion of the road and drainage upgradation.

Thanks a lot for your support

Will keep you posted on the progress.
    Didn't you file your RTI application ?

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android