Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

compulsory format

i hail from Maharashtra and have been denied some information saying that i had not applied in prescribed format.
    At times my other RTI application has been responded without prescribed format and also postal order sent as fees has been accepted though for RTI application site says only DD/ B.C. or cash is acceptable.
    1.can government exercise discretion when to accept P.O. or accept application without prescribed format .
    2.can't it be a gorund for appeal against refusal to accept application without prescribed format and refusal to accept P.O.as fees?
    3.Has CIC given any guidelines/ decisions in this regard?
    4.What is the remedy if first appeal is not made in presribed time limit? do i need to start over afresh once again?

› Find content similar to: compulsory format

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: compulsory format

swapnil,

Since you are in Maharashtra, I presume that your case pertains to a PA in Maharashtra.

I tried for some decision/citation from the Maharashtra SIC but unfortunately there is no search function on their website. Moreover, there are many decisions in Marathi, which I cannot read at all. Please go through some of the decisions made in the initial months of the RTI Act in Maharashtra and you might be able to get a citation.

However, I found a similar case under the CIC, pertaining to a Central Ministry. The second appeal under reference raises the same issues as raised by you in your post above and might be useful to you:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_30112006_13.pdf

Please remember that under Central Rules, there is no prescribed form WHILE under Maharashtra Rules there are prescribed forms.

If the First Appeal is not made within the prescribed time limit, then the First Appellate Authority has the power to "condone" the delay in case you give good enough reasons.
    Otherwise, the only other alternative is to apply afresh.

Name:
    SACHIN AMBRE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can I get a First Appeal Format in Marathi

Name:
    MANOJ B. PATEL (Krushnanand)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sachinamre View Post
    forget every thing, you personally meet public relation officer of Chief Information Commissioner office at Mumbai, and get all u want. This is a short way.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Even if a decision of State Commission is there to apply in prescribed format, RTI rules prevail as there was no prescribed format and the only information needed from RTI appliation is that applicant is an Indian Citizen and that information must be available in records. GO for first appeal also.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sachinamre View Post
    Check out the First Appeal format given in the Maharashtra RTI Rules, available as an attachment here: Mahrashtra RTI Rules - Guide
    Twitter: @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android